Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I have Wildcarded DNS in Hostony account?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
polopolo
Hi there people at hostony,

I have to have Wildcarded DNS in my Hostony account? How can I do this in the control panel?

Thanks.
Alec
Do you have reseller account? Please tell me what is your package?
polopolo
Hi Alec,
My account is a SPECIAL account of 3Gbyte.

Let me know where in the control panel I activate the wildcards for the domain I want. I need to have this done for a project I am doing at the moment.

Thanks.
Alec
You need to create addon domain in your control panel.

To add a domain to your web site:

Click on the Addon Domains button on the home page.

Enter the domain name in the New Addon Domain field.

Add the directory that the addon domain points to in the Username/directory name field.

Enter the password for the domain in the Password field, if required.

Click on the Add button.
Alec
If you want to set up wildcarded dns please open a new trouble ticket and notify your domain name needs to be wildcarded. And you can do it yourself if you have a reseller account on linux or any account on windows (DNS zone editor must be enabled in your package)
polopolo
Hi Alec.

I think you are getting confused as I dont want to add domains but what I want is to have Wildcard DNS. You need to set them up for me.

I need to have wildcard DNS to run a service like cjb.net. where you can have virtual subdomains.

Please read this. I got this from a web page and that illustrates what is needed to activate the wildcard DNS.

------

What I need done is two steps that will initiate Wildcard DNS.

Step 1: Any new DNS records created via the system (Automated WHM) needs the following added to the record:

*.thedomain.com. 14400 IN A (The server IP)

Step 2: httpd.conf for the new account needs to have the following written:

ServerAlias domain.com *.domain.com
ServerAdmin webmaster_at_domain.com
DocumentRoot /home/domain/public_html
BytesLog domlogs/domain.com -bytes_log
ServerName www.domain.com
User domain
Group domain
CustomLog domlogs/domain.com combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/domain/public_html/cgi-bin/
RewriteEngine off

Currently the wildcard DNS is being added to the record manually via WHM after the account has been created and pico (httpd.config) via SSH. If a default can be set via cpanel then detailed instructions are needed to change it.

------------------

thanks.
Alec
I've already cleared it up in my previous post. Now, your wildcard is set up and working correctly. Sorry for my confusion smile.gif
peteri22
QUOTE(Alec @ Nov 5 2004, 09:33 PM) *
I've already cleared it up in my previous post. Now, your wildcard is set up and working correctly. Sorry for my confusion smile.gif

Hello!

I also need this Wildcard domains.

My domains are www.meteo-market.com , www.agro5.com .

Can you do it for me?

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here