Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for Resellers
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
emilioolivares
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in starting a hosting reseller business with Hostony. I'm from Mexico and wish to target spanish speaking, latin-american countries.

I would like to hear from any resellers out there on the following:
-Do you think I can run this business with a full time job? How much time do you guys spend?
-What are your strategies to sell? Do you have a website, or is it mostly face to face selling? Any other strategys?
-How do you bill your clients?
-What is your strategy to provide great service? Do you use hostony's outsourced service? What are your comments?
-Anybody have a website I can see that is a hostny reseller?
-How many customers are your hosting? ??

Well, I guess I have more questions, but these are enoght for now. Sorry about my English, but it is after all, my second language!

Thanks to all!!!

Regards,
Emilio
Monterrey. Mexico
Serge
As hostony staff I can comment on several things.

Once you are able to check your mail at least several times an hour or at least configure your mobile to get SMS once any mail arrives to your support@ mailbox you are ok with full time job. At the mark of about 40-60 customers it will became hard for you to combine your full time job and hosting biz. You'll need either to outsource support or completely dedicate to customer support. Though it depends on your customers. sometimes one guy needs so much assistance when other 100 customers can be silent for months.

Many of out customers resell to their development and design clients.
Other concentrate on their local market. It is good strategy because usually they have less competition and can charge a lot more than our regular prices. Also since most of their customers are businesses support requests generally come during the day.
We also have some resellers that sell only on the net. The main problem they have is fraud. In this case it is good idea to use CC processor with good antifarud prevention system. That's why we are using 2checkout. They are not perfect all the time but have thousands transactions daily and have much stats on the people paying with CC. They stopped many frauders for us who used stolen CCs, signuped just for chargeback, etc.
emilioolivares
Thanks for the prompt reply Serge! Will take your comments into account.

I'd really like to hear from some of the people using your service! Anybody ?

Thanks all!!!

Have a nice monday sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here