Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Load + FTP lots of files = FUBAR
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
JasonJones
Ok, well the ftp daemon is dropping connections when the server load gets too high, and then is holding those connections open for an indefinate time (so far an hour+ on this run) keeping me from re-connecting. (just connected now)

I SSH'd into the server and the load average was 123!!!! holy overload batman! It looked like there was a rampant php script somewhere as there was a process belonging to root running php that was comsuming 115%CPU.

Also, when the load gets above a certain point processes started on server25 are killed, start up a vi session, killed, top, killed, eventually the ssh session, killed... this gets pretty annoying, as well as a potential problem is the box is killing things important, mysqld, ftpd, httpd, cpop, exim etc... sad.gif

So anyways... I think Server 25 is quite full of users smile.gif Maybe we can move some of the more resource intensive people to VPS or another server?

Jason (I know, you will take this into consideration, etc...) ph34r.gif
Stanly
Server is overused only at Sunday - when backup system is running smile.gif
JasonJones
Ahhh, beauty...

Remember, RAID is your friend... Separate Backup Box/switch/nic = Friend as well smile.gif

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here