Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where do I find the folders in ftp...
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Moogy
ok I have a main page setup on www.skribbulz.com a nuke that I manualy installed so I know where all the files are. I want to set up some other BBforums or nukes using the nifty cpanel install but can't find where the files are going. They don't seem to show when I connect via FTP

when I set up a nuke thru cpanel I went into my ftp and was able to find it under www ftp directory. So example path was www.skribbulz.com/blah to get to the nuke and I did see in ftp under www/blah

But when I set up with the InvisionBoard or phpBB the link to get to the forum would be example www.skribbulz.com/blah (which does bring up a shiny new forum) but when i connect via FTP and look under public_html or www I see no new directory

so unable to upload any new themes or make other mods for those secondary forums as I cannot find the directory they live in. when I uninstall the forums it shows what path it is working with but when I look for that path via FTP it is as it does not exist

here is a phpBB I set up using cpanel http://skribbulz.com/MoraleTeam/ but when I go into FTP I can find no "MoraleTeam" directory in the public_html or www section

where can I find the directory in FTP client when I set up a new forum via Cpanel?

thanks!
JasonJones
If you could post the "real" directory names it might help a bit. Problem is you used "blah" as your example, for both installs.. so that would imply that the forum has been installed into the nuke filespace. So it will be mixed in with the nuke files... If they both had folders named themes, then there is the chance of conflict.

Jason
Moogy
QUOTE(JasonJones @ Oct 21 2004, 07:38 PM)
If you could post the "real" directory names it might help a bit. Problem is you used "blah" as your example, for both installs.. so that would imply that the forum has been installed into the nuke filespace. So it will be mixed in with the nuke files... If they both had folders named themes, then there is the chance of conflict.

Jason

thanks for the quick reply

ok when I use cpanel to create a nuke (this is just a test nuke I set up)

http://www.skribbulz.com/KillZone/

then when I connect via FTP (smart ftp) under www I do see a new directory KillZone
---------

but when I use cpanel to install a phpBB to "MoraleTeam" http://skribbulz.com/MoraleTeam/ it does create the forum but then when I connect via ftp and look under the public_html or www section I can find no new directory that says "MoraleTeam"

hope that makes a little more sense

I guess in short, cool I set up the new forum with cpanel without having to manually upload files and what not, but now I can't find any directory that relates to the new board so I can upload new themes, board specific icons, etc
Stanly
I can see MoraleTeam at you www directory.
JasonJones
Hrmm. quite odd..

It does appear to be located in /MoralTeam/ from the web side of things...

In the FTP client, have you tried refreshing? ( I know basic and all, but you never know ) .. hrm...

I just did a quick install, and it was installed as expected... installed into /fakedir/ and when I SSH'd in, there was a new folder /home/myusername/www/fakedir/ and it had all the Board files etc in there...

Double Check again?

Jason
Moogy
strange it is showing today now under public_html and www

maybe just a timing/update issue since I went thru Cpanel and that would have created the directory instead of straight thru FTP?

I had closed/reopened and refreshed smart ftp a few times but maybe it just took a bit

thanks guys for taking a peak and helping!

I set the main nuke up by hand but Cpanel makes it so painless to set up other Nukes and forums, pretty cool tool

thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here