Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 questions. Main domain change, dns & ma il limit
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
doconnor
Hello.

Question 1:
---
I was wondering who do I contact to get the domain for the main reseller's account changed?
----------------

Question 2:
---
I have set up an account using the web host manager interface and pointed a domain at it.

here are the details :
nxgenhosting.com 67.15.111.3 nxgenhos ***@***.** Tue Oct 19 10:05:31 2004 home 100 Meg 0 Meg nxgenco_nxgen100 x nxgenco

But dig returns:

wakko root # dig @ns1.hostony.com nxgenhosting.com A

; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> @ns1.hostony.com nxgenhosting.com A
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 12420
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 13, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;nxgenhosting.com. IN A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
com. 169457 IN NS M.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS B.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS C.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS D.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS E.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS F.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS G.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS H.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS I.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS K.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
com. 169457 IN NS L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.

;; Query time: 131 msec
;; SERVER: 209.152.170.40#53(ns1.hostony.com)
;; WHEN: Thu Oct 21 09:07:32 2004
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 258

which I think means that the domains are set correctly although I've never used dig that much before.

And whois nxgenhosting.com returns:

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.HOSTONY.COM 209.152.170.40
NS2.HOSTONY.COM 207.44.233.251

----------

Question 3:
---
One of the projects we're working on requires a large number of emails to be sent (a service which has been signed up and paid for). Are there limits on the number of emails that can be sent at any one time or over a period of time?

A previous project with another host required me to set up cron jobs to work around this before so I think it's a good idea to ask before I start on this side of the project.

Regards
Dave
Stanly
1. You see reseller account do not have any domain name pointed to it. All domain names are bolnged to accounts that are created under your reseller account.
So you just need to go to your WHM -> Modify account and there you will be able to change domain name for account.

2. You need to use the following DNS servers for all of your domain names:

dns.hostony.com
dns.hostony.org

If you will use them all of your accounts will work correctly.

3. Please tell me an approximately amount of e-mails and I'll tell you will we allow it or not.
doconnor
Ok, thanks, I'll message you.
Stanly
I need to know an approximately amount of e-mails at any case.
500? 1000? 5000? smile.gif
doconnor
Hello again.
I've sent you a message explaining why it's needed better than this but here's the plan anyway. smile.gif

The project incorporates a mailing list. We plan to have one centralised system which many domains are connected to but where the general design is customised using mod_rewrite rules to each visitor based on the domain they're visiting.

As we sell the project the number of clients will increase and therefore we have absolutely no idea who'll be sending what emails at what time.
unsure.gif

There may be days without an email and then at any time each client may decide to send a batch of emails all at the same time. The first client we have signed up with has over 100 members going in and we could see this as being around about the average per client site.

Anyway. To answer your question we have no idea how many emails will be sent at any one time biggrin.gif

Can we guess a number now and have it revised in the future?

What happens if we go past that limit? Are the mails queued or just dropped. At a previous host I've used the mails were just dropped without any notification. That was not good smile.gif

Sorry I can't be more specific. The truth is I've absolutely no idea how many people we'll sell this to.
Stanly
I think the best choice for you is to buy a Virtual Private Server - in that case you will be able to send unlimited e-mail amount.
Because if you will send more then 500-750 e-mails per day at our servers your account will be suspended.
doconnor
crap. I don't think I can get my boss to go for that. I just got him to buy the resellers account based on those prices. It's just a startup and there's no way he'll spend more money. I'll work around it. Thanks.
doconnor
is there any way we could get our current reseller's account changed to a virtual dedicated and all the settings changed over? Maybe he might go for it then. I don't think he'll get it as a seperate system as well as the reseller's account and we've now signed a contract for the reseller's account so we can't just cancel that and move it ourselves.
Stanly
QUOTE(doconnor @ Oct 22 2004, 09:49 AM)
is there any way we could get our current reseller's account changed to a virtual dedicated and all the settings changed over? Maybe he might go for it then. I don't think he'll get it as a seperate system as well as the reseller's account and we've now signed a contract for the reseller's account so we can't just cancel that and move it ourselves.

Sure, we can.
But at first contact billing@hostony.com about upgrade to Vitrual Server.
As soon as they will bill your card for VPS cost we wiil start upgrade process.
doconnor
Okay thanks for the help. i'll get in contact with my boss and see if I can get the go ahead from him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here