Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Log file
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Tim
I track my log file intries using a script that shows only the last 100 or so lines of each. Since the move to the new server, all of my log files aren't working the same. Some have stopped updating since Oct-4th. I accessed each site last night so all should show recent access. Can you fix this? Here's the output for each (the first two are working correctly) from using:

"ls -al /path.../logfileName"

for Violinbridgeworks.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 2500358 Oct 20 09:06 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/violinbridgeworks.com

for MyraLin.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 259421 Oct 20 06:43 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/myra.violinbridgeworks.com

for FluteSpirit.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 1536 Oct 20 01:49 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/flute.violinbridgeworks.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 2521717 Oct 4 16:47 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/flutespirit.com

for EmbeddedPrograming.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 14645 Oct 20 00:01 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/embed.violinbridgeworks.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 81382 Oct 4 16:47 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/embeddedprograming.com

for AsymmetricDesignConcerpts.com

for InnovativeConcepts-Hut.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 1636 Oct 20 01:40 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/inno.violinbridgeworks.com
-rw-r----- 1 root violin 96988 Oct 4 16:47 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/innovativeconcepts-hut.com

p.s. I think that "AsymmetricDesignConcerpts.com" still points to home/log/ directory and may have never been otherwise, so that's not related to the others which just aren't updating, but I would like that pointer removed so I can just reference it the same as I do the others.
Stanly
Please tell me where did you see that logs are not updated?
Did you see that at your control panel?
Tim
QUOTE(Stanly @ Oct 20 2004, 01:15 PM)
Please tell me where did you see that logs are not updated?
Did you see that at your control panel?

I thought what I just wrote would tell enough.

However, if I access one of my add-on domains, "flutespirit.com" and then check the logfile at:
/usr/local/apache/domlogs/flutespirit.com

it doesn't show the access.

Can you please fix that for "flutespirit.com", "embeddedprograming.com", "innovativeconcepts-hut.com", and "asymmetricdesignconcepts.com".

The logfile for "violinbridgeworks.com" is working fine, and "Myralin.com" is kind of weird, but good enough, so please don't change either of those.

I rarely if ever use CPanel for logfile access, but use my own script, or one of the shareware log anaylyzers that use the location mentioned above for log file reading.
Alexandre
Must be working now.
Could you check?
Tim
That fixed everything. You're a miracle worker!

I'm glad that you are quick to understand the nature of the problem. I thought nobody was going to understand this.

Thanks!
Tim
Alexandre
Thank you.

You are miracle customer biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here