Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ASP Session Variables on Shared Servers
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
dspeer
I had an error come up tonight that actually helped me understand the limitations of putting an ASP site on a shared server.

I logged into an area of my site that I restricted by using an ASP session variable. Everything worked fine.

Then, for demonstration purposes, I opened a different browser window and logged into a different section of the site using a different login.

Now none of the access restricted areas would work. Strangely enough as soon as I would try to access one, the message I would get would be "Server not found".

I had seen this before and complained to the help desk that the site was down.

Closing both windows (ending session(s) ) fixed it - the site was where it had always been. Also: Everything worked perfectly from another machine.

I am writing this, because I have seen entries here that suggested that the server wasn't working or ASP was down. At first it looked like that to me, but that's not at all what happened.

Support: Am I right?

Dietrich
Alexandre
Please open a ticket about this issue:
http://support.hostony.com
Thank you for patience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here