Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downtime
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
dspeer
OK - when I look at what you are charging me and what I get in return, I am very happy. I have bombarded your customer service with questions worth more than what I've paid you so far.

I still have to say that withing the past 24 hours my site has been down twice. The second time, surprise, surprise, it took contacting an apparantly overloaded customer service rep to get it back up.

I then tried to log into the helm console which didn't work with the password I had just been assigned, because the old, original one wouldn't work.

You guys are creating a lot of work for yourself. I'll stick with you for a while. The site hosted on your server is for a school, and it not being up will create problems.
But we'll see.

Dietrich
Alexandre
We are sorry for inconveniences.
We had an accidental emergency maintenance on the windows server.

Everything is ok now.

Thank you for patience.
bojkov
in general i'm happy wih the host. great control panel. fast support.

What i'd like to have is a reliable uptime

now all my 5 sites (my customers call me all the time) are down. for about 2 H for now.. >>>
"rebooting" or "my sql restart"
I mean.. I'm all the day online, and HAD personally about 5-6 downtimes like this in the last 2 months. what about the downs in the time I didn't see it??
?
this stops my time, makes a lot people waiting. time is money!
customers are not really happy

a host must be up. and suggestion:
when you guys have to make update or restart. do it on SUNDAY in the night ( or see statistic when less people are online)

not tuesday at noon. everybody is working online. i know the world has 24 H but pay attention on europe and USa. there must be suitable time for rebooting

what do our customers and visitors think?
MartinB
Europe and USA, the only two "continents" of the world, ah ? dry.gif
JasonJones
I'd like to add the fact that 12noon in the States _IS_ midnight somewhere smile.gif

So if they only did maint at midnight Eastern States time, someone will get irritated because thats 9pm in California, in Melbourn its 2pm, thats Business hours, in Baghdad its 7am! thats not good either!

So really picking a "time" to perform maint is more of a crap shoot...

Jason
wizoz
Well... kind of goes into the realm of communication doesn't it?

I bet you nobody would mind scheduled maintenance if: 1) you are warned with ample time to prepare (backup and maybe post a warning of your own on your website or to your users); 2) a 1 hour maintenancedoe not turn into a 1 day GANFU.

Anyway, who am I to judge, WYPIWYG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here