Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Professional Advice needed
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
MUJ
Shout goes out to you all.....

Recently graduated with a tag of Software Engineer, just hired by a IT/Consultancy firm based in London, to provide a reliable n cost effecient solution to my clients, i am another victum of HOSTONEY, intrested in reseller plan.

At the moment I've 3 projects that has to go live within just fraction of hours...but i cant make my mind up...

SUMMARY OF PROJECTS:

E-Commerce >>shopping cart n telesales so is payement solution
DATABASE>> database conectivity to web based applications
Multimedia >> FLASH and other tools used for cutting edge multimedia needs
might have web cams 24/7 in future

TECHNOLOGIES
(ASP,JSP,ACCESS,PHP,SQL,CGI,MARKUP LANGUAGE FAMILY)

virtually anything and everything...if not today than tmrw
since few more projects are linedup
i am pretty satisfied with the storage and bandwidth

Questions:

LINUX OR WINDOWS ??
who is responsible for the daily backups
SPAM ??
C/PANEL and WHM are OSX compatible??

I'd really appreciate you please give me a professional advice, will check for reply in few hrs as i've sort it out within 48 hrs ..projects goin live in nex 68 hrs....HELP !!! lol

cheers,

M
I feel sorry for you. You obvisly have no idea. Why are they putting you in charge of these decisions? You will be in deep shit if it goes wrong. You need backup, not just advice. mad.gif
artrocity
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

thats the funniest thing i heard all day.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

But i have to agree with the guest.
48hrs and youre still researching hosts!

My advice...
If you are gonna impress your clients
dont buy hosting based on price.
MUJ
OYE PISS TAKEA ...i have done ma homework in parallel..HOSTONEY got the potential and i had few questions to make da picture clear...regarding bakup..it can be done inn-house aswell, and abt 48 hrs.. i work 40 hrs... and its a decent amount of time to final ...just final the hosting company..
Five
Yo

Ignore those others. HOSTONY can do all you E-Commerce/DATABASE/Multimedia/web cams 24/7 in future. You may need the virtual dedicated for the cams tho. wink.gif

For your listed techs
(ASP,JSP,ACCESS,PHP,SQL,CGI,MARKUP LANGUAGE FAMILY)
You will need WINDOWS for sure.

YOU should deal with daily backups/SPAM, or your client can.
It'll all work on OSX no worries. ph34r.gif

To help me out I'd appreciate it if you could use my affiliate link to sign up.

You don't have much time left. good luck.
wink.gif
Webslave
If you haven't decided for Hostony already i wish to add that the Support is excellent here. Top! smile.gif
MUJ
THANX 2 U ALL, luckily da project has been delayed for few days since client is so tight to clear the balance,,, but i know i will endup gettin a windows based server..since ive to run quite a lot of technologies on top of it i dont have to worry abt the bakups...by the way its a online university projects

Thanx again to u all.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here