Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: subdomain problem
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Mystic
I seem to have a problem with one of my subdomains daoc.mysticalkoala.com some times it works and some times it doesn't. when I try to load it I get an error message saying it can't be found.Is there a reason for this? something that can be fixed hopefully.
Lehrer
Dear Mystic,
Your subdomain daoc.mysticalkoala.com seems to be working now. Have you tried?
JasonJones
Its not really working, there is a DNS propagation issue here... It will resolve on some hosts, not others... On this windows XP box, it will resolve, then fail 10 times, and resolve once, then fail some random amount, then resolve...

Did you recently make this subdomain? Or alter your dns records at all for mysticalkoala.com? Might want to create another subdomain, wait 10min then erase it... This will bump the dns records serial number up by 2 and should force servers to flush out the old records...

Jason
Mystic
yea the dns records were altered for the main domain when i got the email from hostony about moving to a new dns server(i think it was begining of this month or end of last). this subdomain was created not long after that it was some time between 10/4 and 10/11 i cant remember exactly when that week.

i'll try to create another one and delete it and see if that helps, after i do that should i assume it will take the standard 1-3 days to fully repropagate?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here