Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reseller Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hello.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I am currently with FeaturePrice.com for hosting. They have, as of today, shut down operations and I need to find a new hosting provider.

I am a webmaster for multiple websites and I currently have 4 different independent domains hosted under 1 plan with them. It is a shared hosting with a primary domain and additional domains added 'under' that primary one. It allows me to control all aspects of the customers website.

You seem to offer the same types of packages.
My questions are the following:

1> What is the best choice for my situation? Which plan would fit best?
2> I see under the Reseller Plan Types that you offer a 'Starter', 'Standard', 'Enterprise', and 'Supreme' package. Those are listed under 'Private Label Reseller Plans'. You also at the bottom of that page have a section labeled 'Reselling Packages' with plans called 'Profi', 'Advanced', 'Power', 'Gold', 'Ultra'.... what are the differences between the Private Label and the Reseller Plans that you have there? I am somewhat confused as to what I need to be looking at. I understand the different features and such, but what would I need?
3> Would EACH domain have its own cgi-bin, mail servers, ftp servers, etc? Just each would use the same IP and also the same traffic and space?

I know I have more questions, but if you could point me where I need to be looking as far as plan types first off, that would help greatly...
I do plan to upgrade from 4 domains to about 10-12 in the future.

Thanks for your support!

Matt
mattholden@earthlink.net
Alec
I'll try to answer your question but change the sequence:

The bulk reseller ('Starter', 'Standard', etc.) plan provides you with certain diskspace and allocated bandwidth. This plan allows you to create, delete and manage your accounts without our help or meddling. Also you can get your own name servers if you purchase the bulk reseller plan.
Reselling packages are usual shared packages. There is difference in billing. You will be able to purchase more shared packages with rebate if you have 3 or more shared packages with our services.

3. Each your domain will be have own ftp and mail servers and cgi-bin directory. Usually all domains use the same IP address. Also you can allocate diskspace and traffic for your domains.

1. If you have 4 domains you will have folowing options:
Profi packages: 4
Price: $6.85 * 4 = $27.40
Diskspace: 4 * 350 Mb = 1.4 Gb
Bandwidth: 4 * 10 Gb = 40 Gb

With bulk reseller accounts:
Price: $29.85
Diskspace: 1 Gb
Bandwidth: 20 Gb
WHM access (this feature allows you to manage all your accounts from the same control panel - with reselled packages you manage each domain from separate panel)
Private name servers.

On the assumption of stated above i advise you bulk reseller account.
Anonymous
I appreciate the rapid response! That means a lot.

I came from FeaturePrice.com and I see there is another thread on issues with their service, so I feel I am not alone with the frustrations in dealing with them lately. Today they had another message up on their homepage indicating that Business Operations were ceasing on 5/5/03. Now, hours later, its not there... I haven't had my e-mail working with them in weeks.
Curious if anyone else has been experiencing similar service from them?

I am in a hurry to move my domains to your new service and hopefully will have less headache and better service and uptime thru Hostony.

BTW, how was the name Hostony created? What does the 'ony' mean?

Sorry for the ramblings, I hope others are in my same shoes...

Few more questions I have: :shock:

1> If I choose a 'STARTER' reseller private label package to start with, and lets say in 2 months I see that I need more of something...
Can I upgrade to the next package, ie 'STANDARD' or 'ENTERPRISE' without much hassle on my end? Will I have to re-do anything on the server or configuration end, or is that done on your end automatically?

2> Can I choose to pay for a month of service, possibly two and then select a 24 month plan once seeing how things progress? Is that possible?

3> With the allocated traffic allowance that comes with the plans, are the unused portions of the monthly traffic used transfered to the next month as an 'additional' overflow amount? ie, STARTER site with 20 GB. I use 15 GB of traffic bandwidth, does that additional 5 GB that I still have get added to the next month's amount or is it just too bad so sad... gone?
I know its a weird question, but I have heard of it being offered before.

4> Is osCommerce allowed on your systems? If so, do you support it in anyway? Have you seen issues with it in the past? Any docs on it?

5> Does paying for a 24 month contract upfront entitle me to any 'special' benefits? ie, domain acct placed on 'best' server, above average support response time, etc... or is it the same service as anyone?

6> How long on average can I expect to get my service up and running, from your standpoint, for setting up 4 different domains on a custom nameserver? I noticed something about a 2-4 day wait for custom nameserver requests or something to that effect? I may be mistaken...

7> Thru the control panel, if I were to add new e-mail addresses and accts, how long is it until they take effect for the end user as far as timeframe goes? Immediate, 2-24 hours, etc?

I appreciate your time in reading this long e-mail.

Many thanks for your time and responses...
I soon hope to be a new customer with your company.

Sincerely,

Matt
mattholden@earthlink.net
Serge

I came from FeaturePrice.com and I see there is another thread on issues with their service, so I feel I am not alone with the frustrations in dealing with them lately. Today they had another message up on their homepage indicating that Business Operations were ceasing on 5/5/03. Now, hours later, its not there... I haven't had my e-mail working with them in weeks.
Curious if anyone else has been experiencing similar service from them?

Yes such issues were reported before about featureprice before. Obviously they have their main server hacked and were not able to lock backdore completely. I doub't they are really plan to cease.

Can I upgrade to the next package, ie 'STANDARD' or 'ENTERPRISE' without much hassle on my end? Will I have to re-do anything on the server or configuration end, or is that done on your end automatically?

Yes in most cases it is done automatically without the need t move to other server. But in case teh server you are on cannot cary anymore accounts we'll just give you more space/bandwidth on another server.

2> Can I choose to pay for a month of service, possibly two and then select a 24 month plan once seeing how things progress? Is that possible?

Yes, you can pay monthly.

3> With the allocated traffic allowance that comes with the plans, are the unused portions of the monthly traffic used transfered to the next month as an 'additional' overflow amount? ie, STARTER site with 20 GB. I use 15 GB of traffic bandwidth, does that additional 5 GB that I still have get added to the next month's amount or is it just too bad so sad... gone?
I know its a weird question, but I have heard of it being offered before.

No, unused traffic is not forwarded to the next month.

4> Is osCommerce allowed on your systems? If so, do you support it in anyway? Have you seen issues with it in the past? Any docs on it?

Yes osCommerce can be installed from the control panel. We don'tgive extra support for osCommerce. But they have a great support forums and we had not any support requests or issues with it before. Forums at osCommerce is great resource.

5> Does paying for a 24 month contract upfront entitle me to any 'special' benefits? ie, domain acct placed on 'best' server, above average support response time, etc... or is it the same service as anyone?

The service has no difference. Though you are granted with considerable discount and save $240. The advantage is you are getting the same service for less. Your costs will be $19.85/mo when regular monthly payment is $29.85

6> How long on average can I expect to get my service up and running, from your standpoint, for setting up 4 different domains on a custom nameserver? I noticed something about a 2-4 day wait for custom nameserver requests or something to that effect? I may be mistaken...

Yes account are created within several hours. Then custom nameserver change or creation will take from 3 days to a week depending on who is your domain name registrar.

7> Thru the control panel, if I were to add new e-mail addresses and accts, how long is it until they take effect for the end user as far as timeframe goes? Immediate, 2-24 hours, etc?

Immediate.
Anonymous
Thanks for the timely, rapid response, I do appreciate it and am going to count it as a main reason for switching to your hosting services.

I think I will be pleased with what you have to offer.

Many thanks,

Matt
Serge
You are welcome. I appreciate you like it. We'll do our best to keep our customers happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here