Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
ds263
I have 22 domains looking for new homes and my current provider takes way to long to respond to issues. Last week my sites where down for an average of 6 days with either main server down, server down and the sql server was down. They restored a backup which only restored some of the files.

My questions are:

How often do you have down time?
Do you offer custom accounts? (i dont llike logging into 22 differnt logins to edit my sites) but can if I have too.
How fast are problems resolved (normally) if any arise?
If i were to order 2 of your current specials does the price freeze last for the duration of my account with you? Meaning will that be the price I always pay even when it's time to renew my plan?

I was asking these to live help but they just logged off without saying anything before I could finish. blink.gif
JasonJones
As a relatively new customer of hostony I can tell you a few things...

Thier support is from the Ukraine, so sometimes their english is not the easiest to comprehend, but they try very hard. Response time on tickets so far for me has been Excellent, I dont think I've waited more than 10min on a ticket to be responded to. Live help is a joke at ANY place that doesnt have an entire department devoted to sitting on the web and selling you things (Gateway, Dell, etc) Once you sign up, you have the ability to also hit them for support at ICQ and AOL IM... So this makes getting a quick reply even faster on basic issues. Downtime... Well So far I've seen a little bit, but they are well above their 99% guarantee even with the short times they have had so far, so I can't complain at all. Managing your domains, I have the special plan, and can manage all 10 from one login if I want, or have separate FTP logins for each as well.. (handy if you have someone helping you maintain a certain site but dont want them to have access to all of em) The bandwidth has been Very Speedy, Its top notch.

My only real concern is not really an issue for most, and you will get the same basic issue anywhere, and that is.. When there is a problem, I'm the type that likes to know EXACTLY what happened, whats been done to correct it etc... That comes from being a Unix Admin for so many years I guess. Here you don't get too much information about the issue, just that its resolved. Which is fine, if its fixed, does it REALLY matter what it took to fix it? I think some of the support staff should compose their replies in Word though, might help with some minor (English is a stupid language for spelling) spelling errors, but I'm the worst speller out there, so I just laugh at some of the misspellings myself...

Overall its the best Bang for your buck I've found so far. And as long as your not looking for enterprise level Support and Server quality/uptime, this is the place. of course you could spend the $200+ a month for an enterprise level hosting account somewhere and then EXPECT those things... But I wouldnt..

Jason
ds263
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to hear from a customer and thus I have. I'm the same way when it comes to wanting to know what happened and etc but as long as it's fixed I can live with not knowing. 10min on a response is great considering im at the 19th hour mark with 3 tickets in to my current hoster and a guy that keeps gaining root access and uploading ebay scam sites to my domain and I have 0 control over fixing the issue as its a server side problem and they guy keeps uploading the same files so I keep having to delete them. So yea im ticked off at the moment smile.gif

As far as the down time goes, if someone could maybe specify the longest down time they've had, I think thats really the only other question I can think of.

Thanks again for the reply JasonJones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here