Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unable to get cpanel
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
smokie
cant log in to cpanel get following message

Sorry for the inconvience!
The root partition on this server is running out of disk space. Cpanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition

smokiebum.com
Vanya
we're fixing this right now
dingfelder
3 days later, I havent seen a followup post so I assume you are still working on it?

CPanel worked for me this morning but now im seeing the issue again.
Vanya
It's been working for 3 days already.
Please check.
dingfelder
It's been working for 3 days already.
Please check.

im sure it was (for you) or you wouldn't have responded like that.

For me though, it was down for 4 hours yesterday. sad.gif

In all seriousness, please try and look a little harder before dismissing issues, it is really annoying to your customers if you say something like that.

Basically you are saying that I am incorrect and there is no issue. While I did not see the original issue, it was definately a problem for me yesterday, at the time that I needed cPanel most. It does appear to be working now.

Besides being brushed off, the thing that is most troubling to me is that there is a definately lack of communication on issues like this:

1. The post was never updated (if/when) a solution was found, 3 days ago, so we are left wondering what the problem was and if it is really fixed.

2. There is obviously something else going on because the problem still exists 3 days after you said it was fixed.

Having said that, I do appreciate the hard work you all do in getting issues fixed. I just wish you would be:

1. More proactive about notfying us about upcoming downtimes before they occur.
2. Telling us the root cause of issues and the resolution time.

If you improved those 2 areas, this would be an outstanding service instead of a great service.
Vanya
Sorry for my previos answer.

I can't see the problem still. Please try to reload with bypassing cache (Ctrl+F5).
dingfelder
I can't see the problem still.

As my last post indicated, it semed to have started working after about 4 hours. When it was not working, it failed from multiple computers, multiple browser types even after a forced refresh (which you suggested).

Your post was from 5 hours later so it must have "fixed" itself by that time...

This definately makes me wonder if something is still going on, if it broke then corrected itself, all without you knowing about it...

If I were developing your error handling system, I would add a feature to automatically send an alert to the sys admin when errors like that occur. Pretty simple to do programatically.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here