Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Root path changed!!!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
tresuvesdobles
The root path in my Linux account has been changed from /home/myusername/public_html/ to /home2/myusername/public_html/

And I did not receive any previous notification, which means some of my sites using CMODS like Xoops (where the root path needs to be defined) have been down.

How is it possible that Hostony takes such an action without any previous notification? This is really annoying!
JasonJones
Sounds like someone didnt think the process through...

When moving an account like that they should have physically copied your files etc, then did an ln -s /home2/myusername /home/myusername This would make the move transparent... in fact you would probably never notice that it was moved.

Jason
Alec
tresuvesdobles: Please tell me a domain name by PM
Alec
Your account was moved on another partition, But it is not a problem because you can reach your files as with /home/username/public_html/filename and /home2/username/public_html/filename. In that case both links are correct and /home/username is just a symbolic link to /home2/username
Anyways, sorry for the problem if we make you feel inconveniently.
tresuvesdobles
But it is not a problem because you can reach your files as with /home/username/public_html/filename and /home2/username/public_html/filename. In that case both links are correct and /home/username is just a symbolic link to /home2/username
You bet it was a problem! I don't know why, but files were NOT reachable in both links since my Xoops portal was down until I changed the root path to /home2/

Anyways, sorry for the problem if we make you feel inconveniently.

Thanks but please notify previously.

Regards
Dark Hedgehog
Uhh, I hate to say this, but, Alec, it seems like you are saying things that you "want" to say, but instead, they may not work.

I think you should think before you act.
Heh, the hypocrite I am, I should do the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here