Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: server agreement
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
server
I was just about to sign up for a two-year plan,but your acceptable use policy is a bit disturbing.

most significantly, is that if I sign up for a two-year plan, 'There is no reimbursement and no pro-rate if customer decides to terminate the services before the end of a prepaid term, regardless of the reason for the termination. '

and since 'This Agreement supersedes all prior and current, oral or written understandings and agreements'

I will not be able to sign up until you fix that.

Otherwise, it is entirely possible that for example you have server problems or my site becomes totally unusable and I would just lose all my money. There is no clause anywhere which suggests hostony would take any responsibility in service guarantees nor do they have any incentive to fix problems for prepaid users.

It is not that I do not trust you, it is that I do not know you and there is no reason I would sign into such a one-sided contract.
Serge
The part you have quoted belongs to dedicated servers. Shared and reseller plans are not covered by that paragraph.

As for shared plans we have the following cancellation policy:

Cancellation.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with HOSTONY's service, you may cancel your account at anytime by writing to billing@hostony.com. You can cancel and get fully refunded in case you cancel your account for any reason in 30 day period from the moment of purchase. In case of a cancellation after 30 Days you will be issued a prorated refund for unused time. No refunds are issued in case you violate our Acceptable Use Policy

Dedicated servers are paid month by month by our customers and we also prepay for bandwidth, power and rackspace for customer's server. Since all fees we pay for our providers (electricity bills, facility rent, rtc.) are non refundable we also state that dedicated server fees are non refundable. It is common practice in dedicated server market while for shared and reseller plans it is common to offer 30 day money back and pro-rated refunds.

Since you are planning to order 3 year shared plan your plan is backed by 30 day money back guarantee and claim about prorated refunds.
server
I see. But that is what is written on the Profi signup page.

I would like to see the Acceptable Use Policy there display what you have just written, since it supersedes all prior and current, oral or written understandings and agreements, regardless the fact that it is showing the policy for the dedicated servers instead of the shared hosting.

I am not doubting you,but I don't want to have headaches later
Serge
It is a link to the terms and conditions at the bottom of each page.

http://www.hostony.com/terms.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here