Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some problems since being moved
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Tim
I was recently moved to a new server and made new DNS entries to go to "dns.hostony.com" and "dns.hostony.org" as you folks asked me to do. The new entries have taken effect and the main site and CPanel is working fine.

=======================================
Here are the problems I'm still having:
=======================================

All but one of the add-on domain pointers for my domain, "violinbridgeworks.com" are still pointing at the old server.

I found this out when I ftp'd some new stuff by ftp-ing to the "violinbridgeworks.com", uploading, and then finding out it didn't show up when I browsed to the add-on domains. However, I was able to update the add-on domains if I ftp'd directly using the IP address, "209.152.180.21" for the old server instead of "violinbridgeworks.com or the IP address, "67.15.111.2" for the new server.

So... I have the following add-on domains:
myralin.com
embeddedprograming.com
asymmetricdesignconcepts.com
innovativeconcepts-hut.com
flutespirit.com

The only one that is correctly pointing to the right spot is, "embeddedprograming.com".

Can you fix the others to point to the correct folders at my site on the new server - please.

Thanks,
Tim
Dima
Hello,sir! I've checked all of your domains, they all work properly. My advice is to contact your local ISP. Good luck!
Tim
QUOTE(Dima @ Oct 7 2004, 10:21 PM)
Hello,sir! I've checked all of your domains, they all work properly. My advice is to contact your local ISP. Good luck!

Hello to you too, and thanks for the reply. However, you are incorrect in the use of the word "properly".

If you actually are with the hard-working folks at Hostony, then you would know that the add-on domain, "myralin.com" points to the directory at my website, "myra" and that going to either, "http://www.myralin.com" or "http://www.myra.violinbridgeworks.com" would load the exact same page. Do we agree on that? If not then I need someone else to help me out here.

If you agree please go to the following two locations, and let me know if you see the white "X" in the upper left hand corner of the page at both places:
"http://www.myralin.com"
"http://www.myra.violinbridgeworks.com"

Please help fix this if you can.

p.s. I just put the letter "Y" at the page on the old server to perhaps make things more understandable. I didn't want you to think that the place that manages the domain name was pointing the name, "myralin.com" some place other than one of your servers. I put the "Y" at, "209.152.180.21", and the "X" at, "67.15.111.2". The "67.15.111.2" is where the main site, "ViolinBridgeworks.com" goes to.

Thanks,
Tim
JasonJones
Tim, just to help you out here...

violinbridgeworks.com
CODE
                        4H IN A         67.15.111.2
asym                    4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.asym                4H IN A         67.15.111.2
embed                   4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.embed               4H IN A         67.15.111.2
flute                   4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.flute               4H IN A         67.15.111.2
ftp                     4H IN A         67.15.111.2
inno                    4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.inno                4H IN A         67.15.111.2
localhost               4H IN A         127.0.0.1
mail                    4H IN CNAME     @
myra                    4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.myra                4H IN A         67.15.111.2
pooter                  4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.pooter              4H IN A         67.15.111.2
tim                     4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.tim                 4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www                     4H IN CNAME     @

myralin.com
CODE
                        4H IN A         209.152.180.21
ftp                     4H IN CNAME     @
localhost               4H IN A         127.0.0.1
mail                    4H IN CNAME     @
www                     4H IN CNAME     @

What that is showing me is that myralin.com is not setup as a subdomain in dns through cpanel etc.. I recenly had a problem with an added domain as well.. It wouldnt resovle properly, and dns wasnt "taking" on it... I removed it completely, waited 5 min, then re-added it. It was working perfectly after that... What I've noticed is that if you had added myralin.com as an addon domain, it would show up in the dns record here as:

CODE
myralin.com                    4H IN A         67.15.111.2
www.myralin.com                4H IN A         67.15.111.2

Could that be the problem?

Jason
Tim
Thanks Jason. I'm not sure what's going on. I added the Myralin.com add-on about a year or more ago and the others before that. All was working fine until the move to the new server. I've looked at the statistics on the new server, and it looks like a great server (the old one is getting more overloaded by the day) so I'm glad they put me on it... I'll just be glad when this other issue is worked out.

Alec... are you still out there somewhere?

Tim
Dima
Everthing has been fixed. Wait for some time because of the loading of your new settings.Hope that it will work perfectly.If not, contact us again. Sorry for inconveniences!!!
Tim
All appears to be back in order now - Thanks.

Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here