Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Search Engine
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
mysteryminds
Can I start up a search Engine of my own. (e.g www.domainname.com)
Well I would like to take the permission just before I could venture into something.
One more thing from the time we had problem with previous servers 23 or 24 and now shifted to server 25 all our websites are drastically loosing its PS over the search engines.
Would you mind telling me if the IP's which we are parked on are clean or been banned / blocked by some SE's
Alec
Yes you can start your own search engine but you must know that it requires much of machine resources so when it will grow and take much of resources you will be forced to look for dedicated solution for your search engines. We approve of your project but always remember about mem and cpu usage by SE.
mysteryminds
Thanks Alec
Well I wish your words become true. If this one becomes successful surely I don't mind going for dedicated. But surely we need your support as always.

Do we have any preinstalled small scripts which we can use as Search Engine. If not could you suggest some thing Lite so that we dont hog the system resources and still can do the needful

Thanks in advance ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Stanly
No, there is no such pre-installed.
Try this
Dark Hedgehog
If you are going to make a search engine, make sure you do not turn out like Northern Light.

I use google 100% of the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here