Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joker.com and dns.hostony.org?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
JasonJones
Is anyone here using Joker.com as a registrar? And if so, did you have problems changing the nameservers to dns.hostony.com & dns.hostony.org? I've been trying for a week to get them changed over, with no luck. I get the following error when I try and update any of the domains with dns.hostony.org :

dns.hostony.org cannot be used because the domain is not registered. You can register here.

Clicking the "here" just takes you to the register a new domain page...

So.. Does ANYONE use joker.com and if so, what nameservers are you using?

I've submitted tickets to both Joker and hostony, joker to see if they can add it to their databases, and hostony to see if I can get an alternate secondary dns.

ticket ID: 10930

Jason
Dark Hedgehog
I'm not the smartest on this, but, try doing a "whois" or lookup on the DNS for "joker.com"
JasonJones
And?

Joker.com is a registrar, like Godaddy, Network Solutions etc...

I think there is a registrar problem on the dns.hostony.org.

I can whois dns.hostony.com, it pops an IP etc... like it should.. same with any other major NameServer.. but trying to do a whois on dns.hostony.org, fails with "NOT FOUND"

It really looks like a glue issue...

enom, shows it as registered..
roid: H54046908-LROR
linked

addr: v4:67.19.102.93
clid: 5065-EN
crid: 5065-EN
crdate: 2004-08-14T02:53:19.0Z

but its not listed in ANY whois records other than enom to verify its existence... ????

Ugh..
Jason
Vanya
dns.hostony.org is registered and fine
We've already used it for lots of domain names and there wasn't any problems.
JasonJones
http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whoi...type=nameserver

If you check that, it lists NO record for that nameserver... its not glued properly in the root servers...

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whoi...type=nameserver

check that, its perfect, as it should be... check any other major NS and they are fine as well.. there _IS_ something wrong with the dns.hostony.org record.. it may have worked in the past, but its broken somewhere now... Its probably not something on your end, but on the registrar's end.. enom..

Jason
JasonJones
Back and Forth... ends up it looks like a Root Server gluing issue possibly... One whois server shows it, others dont. Looks like jokers whois connection does not show it, so its refusing it... I closed the ticket, hostony was very responsive and we were able to determine it doesnt look like a problem on Hostony's end. Maybe something with the .org root servers... they have know to have issue in the past...

Jason
Dark Hedgehog
Try here, its really good.

I used them ever since I started paid hosting smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here