Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curiousity of downtimes
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Dark Hedgehog
I am curious as to why all these sites are going down lately.

It isn't like my site is going down, but, for others, I am quite concerned about this Hostony.
What if this leeches everywhere and causes extreme mayhem?

I see like..billions of topics of the same kind made almost every 15 mintues to an hour.

Is there something wrong going on that we aren't aware of?
From what I have seen, this doesn't look normal.

Also, the fact that you guys say you have all this uptime gurantee, I don't really see you meeting up to it.

Maybe just a rant, but, just curious tongue.gif
Dark Hedgehog
Read 42+ times and no reply? Come on someone, just a phrase or something is good blink.gif
MartinB
a phrase
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Oct 7 2004, 12:10 AM)
a phrase

laugh.gif
That was entertaining tongue.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Oct 6 2004, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Oct 7 2004, 12:10 AM)
a phrase

laugh.gif
That was entertaining tongue.gif

wink.gif
Dark Hedgehog
I get the feeling Hostony staff and owners are "ignoring" this dry.gif
paolorulez
the problem not exist if user work fines on your account and NO overload the server.

Hostony is nice hosting service for me, my problem and request are fixed in few minutes with ticket system

uptime is very good

regards
Dark Hedgehog
THAT went right OVER my HEAD blink.gif

Care to explain detailfully?

Horrible comprehension, bah!
Vanya
something rolleyes.gif

We're working on our uptime and we'll have a few more new tech. supports.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Vanya @ Oct 15 2004, 01:25 AM)
something rolleyes.gif

We're working on our uptime and we'll have a few more new tech. supports.

We're working on our uptime

I hope this isn't another one of those "five minutes of downtime" turned into 15 days of downtime blink.gif

And we'll have a few more tech. supports.
Eh, correct me if I am wrong, but, hasn't this been said before?

I am just curious is all.
Danimal
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Oct 15 2004, 08:14 AM)
Eh, correct me if I am wrong, but, hasn't this been said before?

Oh the irony...
wizoz
Comments:

1) For some strange reason I get the feeling customer staff and technical support staff are not in the same premises (same country?)
2) Seems like there are some servers that are ALWAYS the ones which seem to be going down, either because they; A) Have been configured wrongly since the start; cool.gif the hardware is somehow shitty (i.e. cheap s##t); c) the people responsible on these equipment do not know what they are doing.
3) Lack of feedback is something I have become used to. Silly, short and sometimes even uncomprehensible comments from staff make things just worse.

I could go on for a while (stop the rant!), but just not into it anymore...

And BTW, adding staff does not always equal solving the issues, and here, I do not think it would help.

Hostony, you have make a change in attitude towards your customers.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(wizoz @ Oct 26 2004, 06:45 PM)

I agree with you on that one.

Attitudes as if they care less about anything you say.

But anyways, there will be no world peace in the near future.
Just I wish Hostony would change their attitudes rather than look all professional.
Webslave
1) For some strange reason I get the feeling customer staff and technical support staff are not in the same premises (same country?)
They do outsourcing. To my knowledge some support is done from the Ukraine.

2) Seems like there are some servers that are ALWAYS the ones which seem to be going down, either because they; A) Have been configured wrongly since the start; the hardware is somehow shitty (i.e. cheap s##t); c) the people responsible on these equipment do not know what they are doing.

They host servers at some popular data center, it was mentioned in some discussions before but i forgot it's name. When this data center gets problems or makes some sort of maintenance work (network etc.), hostony's servers are often affected.
But not only hostonys servers.

Maybe hostony has an overflow of new coming customers and cannot manage to have new servers set in time or as quickly and so some servers go down in their knees. But I presume it will be all Ok soon. smile.gif

3) Lack of feedback is something I have become used to. Silly, short and sometimes even uncomprehensible comments from staff make things just worse.

I'm sure the outsourced supporters are top in their fields. Maybe the language difference might be a hindrance at times. I try to explain and express things as easy as possible and then it usually works out fine.
aaa
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Oct 26 2004, 07:22 PM)

Just I wish Hostony would change their attitudes rather than look all professional.

your a zipperhead.
Danimal
QUOTE(aaa @ Nov 1 2004, 10:54 PM)
your a zipperhead.

How do you know what country he's from? laugh.gif
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(aaa @ Nov 1 2004, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Oct 26 2004, 07:22 PM)

your a zipperhead.

Actually, i'm American.

But any Japanese guy/girl would have killed you for that comment.

Just be sure you don't say that to real people.

And don't expect anymore replies from me to you.

Also, how the heck does that even relate to this thread?
Danimal
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Nov 17 2004, 06:35 PM)
Actually, i'm American.

But any Japanese guy/girl would have killed you for that comment.

I think it usually applies more to Vietnamese, and I'm also pretty sure the guy meant it more like "snapperhead" or "stupidhead" or something, not a racial slur. I was only kidding when I made my comment above.
Dark Hedgehog
lol, its okay Danimal.

I just tend to hate it when people think they can be prejudice and racist to anyone they want.
Rastus
So hostony has yet to reply to this thread with a valid answer.

Maybe they just like watching their customers piss each other off.

I really would like to know why the downtimes are so unexplainable.
Dark Hedgehog
Alright, i'm not against Hostony nor involved with anything nor with anyone of the nature, I am just stating a fact upon past events:

"Those who have something to hide, stay in the shadows, never to be seen, doing things in secrecy, only to come out when a solution arises.
When the finished part comes, they leap out and attack at full force, but when something fails, they flee for another plan, thus, ending the attack and leaving no trace of anything happening, no clues.

This is the way of the ninja."

I believe Hostony is not responding to this because they are either:

Guilty of something
Hiding something
Working on something

Or simple as put, they want to ignore furthre areguments by angry members. Who could blame them? Yet at the same time, does it really seem fair to us?

Anything could be the answer, never let your suspicions get the best of you, ultimately, it will make you flame and give unwanted messages and probably start a flame war.

But for the first time, I am a VERY UNHAPPY customer right now, angry at Hostony.

I want TRUTH and FACTS, not "oh, this is being worked on, expect something soon."
I am freaking tired of the same crap they say all the time.

Though its a short way out by really saying "i have no idea, wait"

Thing? I think they need more communication skills.
Either that or, they are not doing their job as they say they do.

Right now, I see horrible service, but, I expect good service soon.

Still, I stay with this company, but I hope they do something quick.

Please Hostony, for god's inhumanity, post something relating to a CUSTOMERS questions, unless you want unhappy customers, its really aggrivating to be a customer, yet, you have the staff looking at this.

How would you like no feedback on a future suggestion noone likes?
That would be "hypocritical"

Sorry for the rant, I just can't tolerate ignorance.
Danimal
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Nov 29 2004, 04:52 PM)
"Those who have something to hide, stay in the shadows, never to be seen, doing things in secrecy, only to come out when a solution arises.
When the finished part comes, they leap out and attack at full force, but when something fails, they flee for another plan, thus, ending the attack and leaving no trace of anything happening, no clues.

This is the way of the ninja."

Ninjas are cool. And by cool I mean totally sweet!

REAL ULTIMATE POWER!
Dark Hedgehog
Ninja's are the best smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here