Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IMAP file space management
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
Anonymous
Hi Shurik,

A few "IMAP" questions....

1)What is the max disk space (default) allowed for IMAP messages and attachments?

2)Is this disk space considered part of an individual customers account allocation? (I have a resellers account with multiple customer domains).

3)Can the max disk space per user and per account be changed, and if so, how?

4)Using IMAP protocol, what is the max size attachment that can be sent (through your SMTP server) and recieved through the IMAP server?

5)Again, can this be changed on a "per account" basis, and if so how?

thanks,
Shurik
Hello.

1. There are no "IMAP" messages. There are "email" messages. IMAP this is only protocol like POP3 for transfering mail from your mailboxes on our server to your local mailboxes.

So I will use term "EMAIL messages".
When you create mailbox through CPanel you set up max size for this mailbox. As I remember it is 10 Mb by default but you can change it easily.

2. Up to now disk space is used by email messages hasn't been part of your account disk space. But CPanel is constantly improved. Developers make new updates each day and CPanel automatically is updated. I am often watch on the CPanel forum and I know that there was many complains from customers about it. So maybe it has been fixed yet.
Unfortunately there is no detiled list of all daily changes in CPanel. (Or maybe I still don't know where it is )

3. You create all accounts based on some packages. Firstly you need create package for account then create account. For add or subtract disk space, bandwidth etc from your user's account you need create new package and then use UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE AN ACCOUNT option.

4. Size of attachment is limited only by mailbox quote, which is set by you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here