Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server 25 67.15.52.34 upgrade
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Vanya
We'll install new HDD to server 25 at 21:00GMT
Possible downtime: a few minutes
JasonJones
Spiffy, it was at 100% today sad.gif only 400mb free...

Good lookin' out guys!

Jason
Alec
New hdd is installed on the server. Total downtime is about 10 mins.

Thank you for your patience
Spyder21
Is the server down? I haven't been able to access 67.15.52.34 for the last 20 minutes
yamilsda
I've been trying to access our site on 67.15.52.34 for a while as well. I can't even logon to the cPanel. This is a little more than a few minutes of downtime.

--
yamilsda
JasonJones
As far as I can tell on my side, its VERY down... no replies to pings, no open ports, as far as I can tell its OFF or disconnected from the network.

Its been about 35min or so already, I've gotten a reply from support via ICQ that they are working on it... But no explanation as to what is wrong..

Hope the hardware is OK...
CODE
36 bytes from gphou-66-98-241-126.######.net (66.98.241.126): Destination Host Unreachable
Vr HL TOS  Len   ID     Flg  off   TTL Pro  cks    Src            Dst
4  5  00   5400  a3b9   0    0000  2f  01   aeb2   192.168.1.100  67.15.52.34

Jason
Spyder21
This is sorta like last month when the server went offline for four days. Or the other time they had to switch me from an IP with a failed machine to this new server (another couple days downtime).

They upgraded my account for the down time. But they can upgrade me all they want, it doesn't help if they can't live upto the 99.9% uptime.

In short, hostony is the cheapest web host I could find. For personal sites it seems to be ok if you can live with the downtime. Just don't try and run mission critical stuff from their servers.
JasonJones
It looks like its been brought back up now...

What was the problem???

Jason
Dark Hedgehog
Even though I am not on the server, why the heck does Hostony always say a specified time?

I think its best if they say "unknown amount of time, please have patience" rather than have everyone go haywire.

Saying a certain amount of time only makes it worse if it takes longer than that.

I don't know WHY you guys say that, but, I think its best if you say that it will be down for some time, THAT would make anyone feel better and secure about it, hopefully.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here