Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disk Quota and Transfer
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
tresuvesdobles
One easy question:

Let's say I configure resold accounts with 100 MB disk quota and 1,5 GB monthly transfer.

1. In case the user exceeds the 100 MB disk quota, is he allowed to continue uploading?

2. In case the traffic during 1 month is higher than the 1,5 GB transfer, will the page continue working?

Thanks for your answer
MartinB
yes all will work normally, but you will get an email alert from cpanel saying that the user is near the disk space limit. (my clients never reach the bandwidth limit so i am not sure if you will get an alert mail abouit bandwidth limit, but i think so.)

Also you can check the stats of your accounts from WHM, bandwidth and disk space.
(overuse showed in RED)

If you receive the alert, and you want prevent overuse of the service provided, you can SUSPEND the account from WHM.

With the suspended account, the user can't use any service, BUT, the user's site will show a "SITE SUSPENDED" page. (you can customize your "suspended" page.)
tresuvesdobles
I would like to, but it seems to be not working this way. A 509 error page appears when exceeding monthly bandwith:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.31 Server at cpanel.######servers.net Port 80

How can I avoid it so that I am able to decide if I allow overusage or not? This is needed to assign purchased Data Transfer dinamically, thus allowing the use of the total bandwidth purchased for my reseller account in my resold accounts.

Please assist
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here