Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long does it take on average? and a Rant...
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
JasonJones
How long does it take on average for Hostony to setup a new account? I just signed up, and of course am impatient. I'm eager to start hosting here, as my old host (hostingbegin) is pretty pekid compared to hostony for only a few dollars more, with tons more options that will save ME money in the long run.

Hosting begin offered me an additional 600mb of webspace for $50/year $5 Setup to bring me up to a total of 1gb. Seeing as I currently host 4 (separate) sites with them (they wont allow additional domains at all as an option) on their highest plan, this was kind of insulting really. I use less than 100mb on 3 of the accounts, but need 1gb+ for the 4th account (photo Gallery, low traffic) they wouldnt let me "pool" the unused space either. So I was paying $264 for all 4 sites a year, and the "special" here was half that, with 3x the space... Oh and Bandwidth... So I get a combined total of 28gb a month bandwidth, the 3 sites were using less than 1gb a month each, the other was peaking about 6gb/ month. Again, no way to pool these resources, so each account only had 7gb/mo! No way to grow the larger site. Bah... Sorry to get off in a rant here...

Hostony does look like a GREAT deal, I hope the service is up there as well!

Jason
Stanly
You will receive your account info during 24 hours.
JasonJones
3.5hrs till 24, hope something shows up soon... unsure.gif

Jason
JasonJones
I guess nobody with the power to create new accounts came into the office today sad.gif

I think a proper response from Hostony would have been:

"You will normally receive your account info in 24hours, but the staff is not in the office Sunday, and will be processed Monday, expect to see the email by then."
Stating that account info will be sent in 24hours, and then support restating it, and nothing happens in the 24hr period, kind of makes one a bit sketchy about trusting any deadlines you are given, or estimates of downtime etc...

Jason Jones (Maybe I'll be a customer one of these days!)
Stanly
You're right, billing department doesn't work at Sunday.
JasonJones
Do they work Monday (Today) ? There is still no account information that has been sent, isnt it like 3pm or so over there? Everyone getting ready to leave in a few hours, hope they send the site info soon.

Jason
Dark Hedgehog
Patience, patience my friend.

Everyone wants something tongue.gif
JasonJones
Yes, wants, but not evyerone has PAID for something... I prepaid a year, and have still no email with activation. I can understand a delay because of Sunday, thats fine, but I do expect to be TOLD that there will be a delay when I've asked how long it will take and I get replies like 24hrs. But anyways, so still no contact, its past 5pm their local time, and my guess I wont be getting any information today either. So Activation is more like a 72hr process, not 24hr.. kind of like their advertising Daily Backups when in reality they were doing Weekly backups....

Jason
JasonJones
Yay! Activated...

Thanks!

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here