Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 Domains?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Jason Jones
Just to make sure I understand this 100% before clicking the Pay button...

I have 4 Domain names... 4 SEPARATE sites. I own them all, and run them all, all informational only. can I host All 4 of them WITHOUT redirecting to some sub domain, or sub directory(www.myhost.com/othersite) under the primary domain?

So all 4 will be separate?

Thanks,

Jason Jones
PS - Interested in the "special" plan with 10 "full domains"
Jason Jones
I think I answered my own question by RTF smile.gif ... I "hovered" over the (i) on the hosting page and it looks like that is the case, all nice and separate...

Thanks!
Jason (placing order now)
carahost
your 4 sites are gonna be subdirectories anyway
Jason Jones
Well, obviously as far as file management goes, but they will be displayed as "www.second.com" etc... not www.first.com/second... Right?

As far as I understood the plan details they will be their Own sites, not "under" the first as exampled above... Hope this is true, already signed up! smile.gif

heh..

Jason
carahost
your site is gonna be accessible through "www.second.com" and "www.first.com/second" also
artrocity
right.

as long as your not sharing the space with anyone else
this is not a problem.

you get 10 domains under one Control Panel

Enjoy !
carahost
the only problem is that google is gonna index your site as "www.second.com" and "www.first.com/second" and at least in my case, "www.first.com/second" was always getting a better rank than "www.second.com" and also everybody can see that your sites are "linked" and i dont really like that, anyway i fixed that by upgrading to a reseller account
JasonJones
Why would goolgle even know about the www.first.com/second ?

Is this just redirection? if so, thats pretty goofy...

Jason
carahost
because googlebot (google's webcrawling robot) is gonna look for every file and directory in your "www.first.com" and since "www.second.com" is a folder inside "www.first.com", "www.first.com/second" is gonna be indexed too
JasonJones
I still don't understand why it would even FIND it... If its not linked from the index, there should be no way for it to know there is a folder below the index. eg:

www.somesite.com loads images from /images/ , links to /forum/ and /kids/ from the main site. the only things that will be indexed by this thing would be /images, /forums, and /kids... It has no way of knowing you have /beastlove/, /dirtasfood/ or /shoestring/ as part of the directory structure. You may use the folders for storage/developement/viewing pleasure? But to everyone else (other than people that have direct access to your file structure) the only things that exist on that server are /forum/ /images/ /kids....

UNLESS something on hostony's side is reporting www.second.com as www.first.com/second ....

Jason

Even though, I could care less about it, they are all development sites for now anyways...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here