Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Management is a mess
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
jakuza
I bought an hostony special plan on the first days af august.
Since then they didn't set the correct DNS zone with correct SOA fields for my domains, they had me to explain them how to fix the problem (they were pointing at the registrar the DNS change failure), they made me lose 2 weeks of uptime.
Then they had a HDD chrash that made us lose other days of work. Let's suppose, being generous, 1 week.
Then they asked me to change DNS again. Here the story splits: some domains were working perfectly without DNS change (!!!) and for the other domains they weren't able to set DNS zone again! They asked me to change all of 'em anyway! It seems quite a mess to hear about. Being in this limbo: 1 week to understand where to stop (!!!) to ask for DNS change...
In the last 2 weeks I'm fighting my way towards a unified vision of FTP server, web server and DB server. They keep changing all by themselves: the day before I set (and VIEW!) a change on my site, the day after it's not there anymore.

Sum it up: 2+1+1+2 = 6 weeks of effective downtime on a total of less than 8.
It's a good average....

So my suggestion is: whatever you are offering, make it available.
Bye everybody!
Alexandre
Could you tell me your domain name?

About DNS.
If your domain name was registered with another registrar we can't guarantee that it will work correctly (99% works but some registrars are really bad, e.g. Network Solutions).

Also please tell me are all of your domain names working properly now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here