Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMTP woes
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
traxxtech
Dear Hostony.com,

This is an open letter to all support. We contnute to have SMTP problems DAILY! most of our customers are unable to use Outlook (or any mail client) , and often times the webmail is slow or unresponsive. Why can't such a basic service such as e-mail work properly and reliably????????

To echo the other unhappy customers here, we don't understand why you can't get SMTP mail service to work properly and reliabley. Sadly, now I'm more surprised when outlook actually sends out emial, as opposed to when it doesn't.

All we ask is for simple RELIABLE SMTP service, why is this so hard to have? Is it a configuration issue? is it a DOS issue? We, your customers, want to work with you, but we don't feel very confindent when we are left in the dark by our unanswered support on these issues.

We want to give your service a chance, but at some point we will make the decision to go elsewhere and voice our unhappiness..

a simple REQUEST FIX SMTP MAIL SERVERS so they work consistently all the time, and not go down all day..

thank you ,
pablotello
SMTP server/s is/are certainly not accepting connections correctly or in a timely fashion. It/they will reject connections randomly.

Not even at 04:00AM (Pacific) I was able to send right away. It will take 5-10 min. to be able to connect. Once you get connected it will accept you outgoing email, but it's certainly frustrating.
And 4:00AM doesn't exactly seem to be rush hour, does it?

I request support to check server23 (probably others as well) before it gets worse.

Thank you.
apsoda
Server 10 is also horrible and has been for about a week,

I currently have about 15 domains that are unable to send or receive and lost a week's worth of email on one domain last week due to the same problem

this fundamental service needs to be restored to reliability very quickly
Vanya
we're fix mail problem now
turnbull
QUOTE(traxxtech @ Sep 21 2004, 02:10 PM)
Dear Hostony.com,

... All we ask is for simple RELIABLE SMTP service, why is this so hard to have? Is it a configuration issue? is it a DOS issue? ... a simple REQUEST FIX SMTP MAIL SERVERS so they work consistently all the time, and not go down all day..

Have you tried the post-cast SMTP server? Checkout http://www.postcastserver.com

It solved all of my personal SMTP problems.
artrocity
postcast is a nice program.
I was using at work for awhile BUT...

1) its a memory hog
left running it will consume every bit of ram you have!

2) reverse lookups do not resolve to your main domain
without setting your MX records
AOL and others were bouncing everything that i sent
as my domain name did not match my sending ip.

i shouldnt have to run my own mail server to have reliable mail
thats what we pay hostony for. rolleyes.gif
pablotello
QUOTE(artrocity @ Sep 23 2004, 12:54 AM)
postcast is a nice program.
I was using at work for awhile BUT...

1) its a memory hog
left running it will consume every bit of ram you have!

2) reverse lookups do not resolve to your main domain
without setting your MX records
AOL and others were bouncing everything that i sent
as my domain name did not match my sending ip.

i shouldnt have to run my own mail server to have reliable mail
thats what we pay hostony for.  rolleyes.gif

I could not have expressed myself better!

Absolutely right!

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here