Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions that I have
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Frop
1. I will be moving an existing domain name to point to your servers. My current host charges $10 for a DNS record change. Is that what I will need to do? Or will you be able to change my domain name so it points to your servers free of charge?

2. When my domain name expires in October will you be able to offer a seemless renewal? What is the fee for that?

3. What are the billing options?

Thank You smile.gif
Michael Aivaliotis
1. I will be moving an existing domain name to point to your servers. My current host charges $10 for a DNS record change.

Ouch, what a terrible host! This should be free. I have domains at 3 direrent companies and none of them have charged for DNS changes. Actually they shouldn't really care either way.

Michael
Frop
Well I am actually fairly happy with them, their customer support department is very speedy and I usually get a response within 2 hours. Is Hostony's that good?

The reason I am think about switching is I really need some sub domains for my domain and they cost $20 a pop at my other host, which is something Id rather not pay. Being that there is no sign up charge here and the hosting is the same prive monthly. I also would love to have more then a single mySQL db.
Serge

1. I will be moving an existing domain name to point to your servers. My current host charges $10 for a DNS record change. Is that what I will need to do? Or will you be able to change my domain name so it points to your servers free of charge?

Entries in DNS servers are created automatically once you do some changes in control panel like adding subdomain or changing MX record, etc. And there is no charge for it. If you want to move your domain to our hosting you should just change at your domain registrar site nameservers for your domain to ours - just it.

2. When my domain name expires in October will you be able to offer a seemless renewal? What is the fee for that?
Yes you can transfer your domain to us. Actually we are enom.com resellers and we can renew your domain at $14.85/year. Just transfer should be made at least 10 days before your domain expires.

3. What are the billing options?

monthly, quarterly, semiearly, yearly biannually

As for reply spead we have trouble tickets, email, AIM, ICQ and support forums. Trouble tickets and emails have the highest priority and we answe them faster than forums.
Frop
One More Question
Do your MySQL servers have safemode turned on? If they do can mine be turned off? I definately do NOT want to have to use mySQL servers that are forced to run in safe mode.
Serge
No mysql server is not in safe mode. The same is valid for php.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here