Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: add domain name
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
lepaul36
I am thinking about addind a domain name..how to I go about it and is it just added starting my next bill?..I have the Profi plan
Vanya
Do you need this domain to be separate site from your main site?
lepaul36
yes.
lepaul36
It is going to be an ecommerce site, but doesn't take up much space.. How can I add it? Or do I need to upgrade...If so the same questions "how to I go about it and is it just added starting my next bill?"

Thanks
Alexandre
Could you tell me what is your domain name?
lepaul36
the present name is www.habibsweb.com I may add www.bewitchy.com.
lepaul36
reply?
Vanya
You can't create addon domains(separate domain inside your account) iwth Profi.
You should upgrade your plan.
lepaul36
I sort of figured that...however there is a question I have asked 2 times that are the most important to me in order to do this.."how to I go about it and is it just added starting my next bill?" IE. Do I submit it as a trouble ticket and then it is added it will be reflected on my upcomming bill (or will I need to submit the information now?), or do I need to open a new service and discontinue my old one. I see an area in Helm to add a package, but what about upgrading? I guess that is my biggest question. I am about 90% sure I am giong to go this route and will most likely do this within the next day.

Sorry, for what has seems like a drug out question. Thanks
Alexandre
Now you have with us Profi package but if you want to add some new full domain names you should to order upgrade to Special or Advanced package.

http://hostony.com/hosting.html

If you'll have some new questions please let me know.

Thanks for your opinion.
lepaul36
OK I added the advanced package..it didn't ask me if I was upgrading, so does that mean that after my activation I will need to transfer my account and close it down?
Alexandre
Just compose a letter about this issue to billing@hostony.com.
wink.gif
lepaul36
I haven't recieved a response from the billing department, nor have I recieved an email that my account is activated. It has been almost 48 hours.
Vanya
Resend your request please.
lepaul36
I sent an eamil to billing@hostony.com explaining the situation...any idea when I will hear back.
Vanya
they'll answer asap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here