Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Addon Domains
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
Bullwinkle
I have added several domains to my account. In CPanel, they appear as both addon domains and as subdomains. When I upload content to the folder that was created during the addon process, will pages accessed via the internet reflect the url mydomain.com, or mydomain.myhostonymaindoman.com?
Serge
When you add an addon domain CPanel creates Apache entries for both subdomain for your main domain and addon domain. It means that you can access addon domain by two ways - as mydomain.com and mydomain.myhostonymaindoman.com.
jwhitney
Hello,
I have a somewhat simular question. One of my web sites,

http://www.absolutelyfreeware.com

is on your servers. Very pleased with your service ! biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, another of my sites is on the dreaded "Feature Price.ripoff" server.

http://www.thechristiancorner.org

I now have access to the registrar record and want to move it to my space on your server. How do I do that ? I know I have to create an add-on domain, but it says "Addon Domains will not be functional unless the domain name is registered with a valid registrar and configured to point to our DNS servers." I don't know how to configure it to point to the correct folder. The last time I tried this feat, I ended up with both URL's pointing to the same site. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. TIA !!! biggrin.gif

Jim
Dwarf Island Graphic
Alec
There is an option is enabled what restricts creation of domain pointing to the different servers. Open trouble ticket and I'll configure it for you so you can add-on domain hosted elsewhere.

You data can be transferred via FTP from the former server to latter. You can do it yourself. Also, If you have shell access on the old server you can create archive of your site data and place it in the web directory. In that case we can download it to our server and restore you files. If you haven't shell access ask FeaturePrice's admins to do it.
jwhitney
Thank you for your rapid response ! 8)

I have all of the data from the site backed up locally, so that is no problem. All I need is the URL to request a "trouble ticket", as you suggested. What I really need is the name server to point the URL to.

As long as there is a separate area to upload the "christian corner" site to, I'll be happy as a pig in mud ! biggrin.gif

Also, I have other sites on various servers as well, and I am talking up your service and recommending you to all of my members ! I really appreciate your terrific service and won't hesitate to recommend it !!!

Take Good Care !!!

Jim Whitney
Dwarf Island Graphics
Alec
This is a link our helpdesk:
http://support.hostony.com/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi
You can post trouble ticket there.

Name servers are stated in account information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here