Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mail setup for multiple domains
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
Bullwinkle
First, is there a FAQ on email account setup? That would be a big help, and save typing... The instructions on how to accomplish this are not clear in the CPanel dialogs and what I find here in the forum.
I have several addon domains. I am creating accounts for each. usually the pop3 address for such things follows the format pop.mydomain.com or mail.mydomain.com. Here, is seems advised to put into the pop server field just the domain name, viz., mydomain.com. Is this correct, or does something need appended to the front as in common deployments?

When attempting to log onto an account, Outlook repeatedly presents a password screen, and eventually returns an error code of 0x00ccc0d "unable to find the email server". Does not matter how I enter the pop field as described above. I am using the logon format of username+mydomain.com and the correct passwords. No success.

Per the SMTP server issue. Many of the accounts to be created have no native ISP mailserver to reference to. They have network connectivity to a LAN which does not provide such services. How to set them up using your SMTP server? Help, Help, as these accounts were originally created with another webhost, and they have gone belly up---this means that dozens of emails are bouncing every day.
Serge
There is a link to the cpanel documentation in our FAQ section.

The paragraph explaining how to setup your mail is located here:
http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cp/MailMenu.htm

Generally for pop3 server and smtp server you can put any domain pointing to our server or just server ip.

If you are not shure whether particular domain is pointing to our server just use main server ip as pop3 and smtp server.

We have authentificated SMTP. To setup t correctly click on your account properties in Outlook. Select tab Servers. In the near bottom you'll see Outgoing Server subsection. Select 'My server requires authentification'.
This is will setup Outlook to authentificate at SMTP server with your POP3 login and password.

That's it.

Also please if you have some problems with your account post a email or trouble ticket because they have higher priority. Forums were intended for customer to customer help and we check it si not so frequent as email and trouble tickets. Now forums are turning in public helpdesk. At least home my answers will help other customers to avoid the same problems you have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here