Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: web folders seem out of sync? or something
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
wendas
I do not know if this has to do with the new server or not...

I tried to make changes to my php web pages.. the changes did not happen, it stayed the old way as if stuck in memory. So I deleted the pages to see if that would knock them out of memory. I hit refresh and under IE tools I deleted history, cookies and files.. Then I went to the website and navigated to the pages no longer on my site.. They show up anyway!

sort of like I am changeing in one area, but my web pages are coming from another area that is stuck in time & I have no control over!

I have also tried deleteing the pages out from my control panel.. Same thing the web site does not know they have been deleted!

Also, before I used to get to my site as

http:troop86-nh.com

now when I type this in it automatically changes to this !

http://67.15.52.34/~troop86/

This is what makes me think I am not changing the area on the web everyone is looking at. I am not in Kansas anymore... (but then again I never was)

I liked the way it was.. It was more user friendly the above url make it look like I am again using a free hosting site.

Wenda
wendas
Ok I got the email.. Now I know this is the reason..

Half of the stuff I do not understand.. I am now unsure how to setup my ftp..

The fact that my ftp & cpanel are not clearly defined as my domain is not a problem.

But, the if I have purchased a domain name that my users can easily find..

troop86-nh.com

then I want them to be able to use it.

It is too difficult to direct them to a bunch of idiotic numbers, and that is the benifit of a paid host site vs a free host site.

The message seems to indicate that I can no longer use my domain name.. Why not? Out of all that has happened this month, this will be the first thing that will upset me if this is the case! I have to direct and encourage children & parents that who some are surprisingly uninvolved in their childrens activities to find and use this site.

I can not direct them with something that is not easy for them to remember and type in. What is the purpose of having a domain name if I can't use it?

Wenda
Alec
Your account has been transferred toa nother server and dns records are changed. but old dns entries may be stored in cache of visitor's computer or ISP servers. So it is a possible situation that new visitor open your site from new server and person which visits you site frequently opens it from old server (due to cache). To prevent this incident we forward all requests to the new server forcibly. such way you won't lose any data during the server exchange
artrocity
in plain english, you can and it will.

they scrapped your old server and replaced it with a new one.
to minimize downtime both machines are currently running at diferent IPs
once the NEW IP propogates (24-72 hrs) things will return to normal.

if you need to make changes make them at the new IP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here