Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: domain reg. question
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hi,
Im thinking of moving my site to HOSTONY.
Currently, I have a domainname which according to my provious hosting site is in the 'redemption' period and wants me to pay $170.00 for it.
What are my options in moving the domain to here? Do I have to wait out the 30 days? After then will it cost me the lower registration price?

Also, on the linux servers, do we get root password?

Thank you,
Deemtee
Serge
Hmm I think if your domain name is valuable for you it is better to pay 170 and get it with 100% guarantee.

Chances that domain won't be freed in 30 days. Some domains were known not to be availliable for registration for years after they expires. Another threat is somebody else can register your domain in 30 days before you manage to do it.

If you just register domain name through us it costs $14.85/year for .com. net .org domains.
Shurik
I am not sure at 100% what are you asking about so I'll describe our domain name policy in total.

We are not doman name registrar and we host domains that are already registered with some 3rd-party registrar. So if your domain is registered then all you need to point it to our server is to put our nameservers in to your registrar's account as primary and secondary nameservers for your domain. In this case the domain starts to work drom our server in 1-2 days after the new DNS zone will be fully propagated.

But it looks like you want to leave your current registrar. So we can transfer your domain to our reseller account on enom.com (well-known registrar). In this case you need to pay domain registration fee (our prices is here: http://forum.hostony.com/viewtopic.php?t=137 )

In this case we generate domain trnasfer request to your existant registrar and domain will be transferred after receiving your confirmation. It takes from 3 days up to a week.

About the root password. We give it only if you purchase a dedicated server (http://www.hostony.com/dedicated.html).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here