Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transfer to new server
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
loanshark
blink.gif sad.gif

I was notified today that my sites were being moved to 67.15.52.34. I've notified my registrar of the move and have had the DNS records changed to dns.hostony.com and .org as instructed in your email.

My main directory (877myheloc.com) is working OK, but all subdirectories come up with a "Forbidden" 404 page. I've checked the new server panel and all are there, but I can not access any of them, even by just typing in the /subdir/dir/ format.

I realize that my DNS for those sites may not have been moved or propogated yet, but I should be able to access them by typing in the subdirectories.

I think something is not right.

The Shark
loanshark
This is the message I am getting:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~myheloc/lowcosthelocs/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at cpanel.######servers.net Port 80
Alec
It must be working now. Check please
loanshark
My address line is showing this format:

http://67.15.52.34/~myheloc/paymybk13/

Will this clear after the transfer is complete?

Also, www.afreshstarthomeloan.com is still "forbidden". It is a sub-directory to this same account.

Thanks for your help so far.

The Shark
Alec
Yes, it will correct after the transfer is complete

Also www.afreshstarthomeloan.com is working now
Webslave
My domain is not displayin my website, i'm getting this message:

There is no website configured at this address.

Pls check. Where are you moving Servers and how long will it take ?
I'm loosing customers again.
loanshark
wink.gif wink.gif

All seems to be working on my 877myheloc.com site and subdirectories. Thanks...

Now my subdirectories to nogooddeed.org are not. Did these not get transfered as well? They were supposedly on the same server. I've had the DNS redirected to the new server.
Stanly
QUOTE(Webslave @ Sep 3 2004, 11:08 AM)
My domain is not displayin my website, i'm getting this message:

There is no website configured at this address.

Pls check. Where are you moving Servers and how long will it take ?
I'm loosing customers again.

Tell me your domain name at first.
mysteryminds
some thing going wrong with my ftp as i'm trying to upload some files to new server and every time i upload i get access denied.

Some of my websites gives "There is no website configured at this address." ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Stanly
Mail me your ftp settings.
Also tell me all of your domains that are not working.
mysteryminds
stanly these days I've been writing quite a lot of mails for the support. Well are you guys not tired with my mails with so many bla bla bla. But thanks for your support guys.
Well here i go again to write a short but long mail again.
loanshark
Getting the following message for all subdirectories of www.nogooddeed.org

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at emperor-of-the-world.nogooddeed.org Port 80

eddiegphotography.com
plum-precious.com
home-loans-4-poor-credit.com
just1opinion.com
mistermellow.com
moviehitsandmisses.com
emperor-of-the-world.com
puerto-vallarta-villa.com
Stanly
QUOTE(loanshark @ Sep 3 2004, 04:55 PM)
Getting the following message for all subdirectories of www.nogooddeed.org

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at emperor-of-the-world.nogooddeed.org Port 80

eddiegphotography.com
plum-precious.com
home-loans-4-poor-credit.com
just1opinion.com
mistermellow.com
moviehitsandmisses.com
emperor-of-the-world.com

Fixed now.
loanshark
Thanks, Stanly. That really helps. My clients have been calling all morning. Hope this new server does the trick and keeps us out of trouble.
mysteryminds
well for few days this has been real mystery. Have to pray god everyday that site will not go down. Hostony do you know the site ranking will drop so drastic if things keep going down like that. Day before bots and slurps were on my site and today site disappeared from the search engines. So please try to fix everything one shot.
BEST OF LUCK HOSTONY ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Webslave
At Stanly,

It's working again.
mysteryminds
what on earth is that error for

553 Disk full - please upload later
ERROR:> Access denied.

can you see that stanly. Iam able to connect through ftp to the site but not able to upload the file. Its been testing my patience for some time now.
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
loanshark
sad.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif sad.gif

My control panel access to FP Extensions is not working. I can get in, but three of my new subdirectories will not install the extensions. I click on the bar, but nothing happens. I can uninstall and reinstall on the others that already exist, but these three don't seem to work.

emperor-of-the-world.com
hoyle-consulting.com

These are subdirectories to nogooddeed.org

FP Extensions were working fine until the problems with the old and new servers began. Please help.

------
sad.gif

By the way, to our Russian support team - Just know that we all feel the pain that your people experienced over the weekend with the school terrorists. Such a shameful act and so many innocent children and others hurt or killed. There is no excuse for that - no reason at all. Please accept our condolences and my personal prayers that your government can do something to put a stop to those terrible acts.

------------

The Shark sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
loanshark
This is the error I that I am receiving after a long wait:

-------------------------------

Starting install, port: 80, web: "emperor-of-the-world".

Error: The FrontPage Server Extensions are not installed on 'www.nogooddeed.org:80'.

--------------------------------

Please help. I need to get these three web-sites up and working this weekend.

The Shark
Vanya
loanshark:
You should open a ticket ont this FrontPage error.
loanshark
Fixed the FP extension problem myself. I had to remove extensions from my main site first, which then wiped out extensions on all subdirectories. I then reinstalled extensions to the main site and followed up by reinstalling on all existing sites. After all sites were reinstalled, I was then able to install extensions on my new sites.

You might want to make a note of that in your journals for future reference.

The Shark
SlayableMedia
This is getting very annoying! My site is still coming up with the IP Address in the Address bar. I have IPB forums on my site, and users are not able to log in, post or anything due to this. I've waited over 36 hours now and am becoming more annoying be the minute. How much longer is this going to take?!

Domain : slayablemedia.com

**edit** It's fixed.
Vanya
Your domain is already pointed to http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...edia.com&type=A

I can visit it by the address http://slayablemedia.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here