Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: imagemagick
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
rafy.net
Hello ...

Can I get Imagemagic installed on my server ? my domain name is rafy.net ... and can you give me the path to the imagemagic script ?

this is what i'm getting right now ...
The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/convert/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

I've also tried Path to ImageMagick libs: /usr/share/ImageMagick

Thanks for yoour help
Vanya
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\convert.exe
rafy.net
QUOTE(Vanya @ Sep 1 2004, 04:11 PM)
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\convert.exe

I think i need a path like /usr/bin/something/

because i'm getting this error

The installer can not find the 'C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\\convert.exe /' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.
Vanya
You use Windows account. You can try to replace \ with /
rafy.net
QUOTE(Vanya @ Sep 1 2004, 06:17 PM)
You use Windows account. You can try to replace \ with /

I don't think copermine gallery script will allow me to use a space in the path for imagemagic it's giving me this error

The installer can not find the 'C:/Program%20Files/ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8/convert.exe/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.
and
The path you have entered for ImageMagick ('c:/Program Files/ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8/') contains at least one space. This will cause problems in the script.

You must move ImageMagick to another directory.

I've also tried 'C:/Program%20Files/ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8/' and 'C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8/' but it doesn't want to work.

here is the intructions for the script installation ...

ImageMagick 
Coppermine can use the ImageMagick 'convert' program to create thumbnails. Quality of images produced by ImageMagick is superior to GD1 but equivalent to GD2.

If ImageMagick is installed on your system and you want to use it, you need to input the full path to the 'convert' program below. On Windows the path should look like 'c:/ImageMagick/' (use / not \ in the path) and should not contain any space, on Unix is it something like '/usr/bin/X11/'. 
Vanya
Ok, try 'c:/ImageMagick/' now
rafy.net
QUOTE(Vanya @ Sep 1 2004, 11:36 PM)
Ok, try 'c:/ImageMagick/' now

The Path is working now ... thanks laugh.gif

but there seems to be another problem ... here is the new error i get
The installer found the ImageMagick 'convert' program in 'c:/ImageMagick/', however it can't be executed by the script.

You may consider using GD instead of ImageMagick.

do you think i don't have the right access to the executable or something ?
Alexandre
Yes, it is.
You have not enough permissions to execute programs.
We can't alllow you to execute programs on the server because thi is a security hole.
I'm really sorry but I can advice you to use GD2 that already installed on the our server.
GD2 has equivalent properties, options and tools as well as ImageMagick.
rafy.net
How will I be able to run GD2 if I can't run ImageMagick ? GD2 is also an executable .. right ?

These has to be a way for me to be able to use Imagemagick ... ?

Please HELp ...
MartinB
he said GD2 is currently installed and in conditions...so i think you can use it ... smile.gif
supergodoffunk
lol. This is classic...

Rafy, ImageMagik is indeed a bunch of command line executables, but (see if I get this right),

GD works in such way that PHP dosent do calls to executables, but GD itself becomes a subset library of functions in the php interpreter, so when you use GD from PHP, it calls the GD functions, not executables...

BTW... is that a BSD devil doggy styling a linux penguin?
rafy.net
QUOTE(supergodoffunk @ Sep 2 2004, 10:44 AM)
lol. This is classic...

Rafy, ImageMagik is indeed a bunch of command line executables, but (see if I get this right),

GD works in such way that PHP dosent do calls to executables, but GD itself becomes a subset library of functions in the php interpreter, so when you use GD from PHP, it calls the GD functions, not executables...

BTW... is that a BSD devil doggy styling a linux penguin?

aha ... so that would explain how gd2 will work for me and how imagemagick will not... cool.gif

Thanks supergodoffunk ...
Stanly
You can run only ImageMagick binaries cool.gif
(e.g. /usr/bin/convert for converting image files)
MartinB
hum i think he have a Windows based plan.....
Stanly
I see now.
Sorry. but executables will not be runned at Windows server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here