Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exceeding CPU usage
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
tresuvesdobles
Dear friends,

Two days ago my whole site was suspended because total CPU usage exceeded 4 times the maximum 8% per minute allowed. Support staff finally detected it was one of the accounts (with a PHPBB2 forum and 100.000 visits per month) the one using most of the CPU time and we suspended it to avoid further problems. Of course my customer claimed.

I have some questions:

1. If accounts can be suspended due to over-usage of the resources, I should have a tool to check the CPU usage caused by each of my resold accounts. I don't want to face the same situation again: all my accounts down due to one of them using too much CPU. Where can I find this kind of information?

2. Now I want to allow my customer to bring his site back. Conditions to move to a Virtual Dedicated server are not valid for me since this is the answer I got from hostony@hostony.com:

Hello TRESUVESDOBLES,

T> 1. I will have both Windowsand Linux accounts in an only Virtual
T> dedicated plan. That is, in the sameserver and paying just for an
T> only VPSSTART account.

No, you will not. You will get only Linux based server at VPSSTART
  plan.

T> 2. All my current accounts(email, subdomains, databases, resold
T> accounts, controlpanels, ...) migrated from both Windows and
T> Linuxserver will remain unchanged.

Only from Linux.

T> 3. IP addresses will be thesame as the ones being used in my current
T> Windows and Linux accounts

No, IPs will be changed.

T> 4. DNSswill remain also the same

Nameservers will be changed also.

T> 5. Remaining time from myLinux reseller and Windows Special plans
T> will be added to the new VPSSTART planwhen upgraded. If it is not
T> possible, what would be the option? I paid $476.40on 2004-06-23 for
T> 24 month Starter Reseller and $77.10 on 2004-07-10 for 6month
T> Special.

You can discuss this with billing department (billing@hostony.com)

T> 6. I will have money-backguarantee to test the Virtual Dedicated
T> plan.

No, you will not. Dedicated and Virtual servers are not
  chargebackable.

T> Finally, I would like you togive me the price for the VPSSTART plan
T> in 12 and 24 months downpayment.I mean, paying for a whole year and
T> for two years, since only monthly chargesappear in the web page.

There is no any downpayment.

What can I do so? I am thinking of reselling a whole Profi Plan through my reseller account (the reseller section in your web site states it can be done). It means that the new account will be able to use 8% CPU itself, right? And how can I resell a Profi plan from my account?

I wait for your answer since it is very urgent for me to get a quick answer to my customer.

Thanks in advance
Vanya
1. Such CPU usage is not easy to calculate... I can't name any such tool of neither our production nor other companies. We do this by hands if you could say this...

2. Yes, separate accounts can use 8%. You'll be able to change Profi to other plan(of yours) and to resell it.
tresuvesdobles
1. You mean we all resellers are in continous risk to be suspended without being able to prevent it? This is a very high risk for our business and in this case, Hostony should notify before suspending an account due to these reasons. Or at least building periodic reports of CPU usage so that we all know the approximate load we cause.

2.1. I am not sure if I understand you properly. Every account resold out of my reseller plan can use up to 8% CPU? Or only complete plans (Profi, Special, etc.) can use up to 8% CPU?

2.2. In case I purchase a new Profi Plan, I will need to rename it to a Plan of mine and also make some other changes. How could I configure this new plan to be resold from my account, that is managed from my WHM panel?

2.3. One more question: In case I downgrade this new Profi plan to one of mine, can I use the extra resources to be resold from my reselling account?

Thanks
Stanly
2.1. I am not sure if I understand you properly. Every account resold out of my reseller plan can use up to 8% CPU? Or only complete plans (Profi, Special, etc.) can use up to 8% CPU?

2.2. In case I purchase a new Profi Plan, I will need to rename it to a Plan of mine and also make some other changes. How could I configure this new plan to be resold from my account, that is managed from my WHM panel?

2.3. One more question: In case I downgrade this new Profi plan to one of mine, can I use the extra resources to be resold from my reselling account?

2.1 Your plans also can.
2.2 Visit http://help.hostony.com to know how to manage mackages.
2.3 No, you can't. You can only re-sell our packages, but you need to have at least 3 accounts with us. Also the package wil be named Profi (as at your example).
MartinB
2.3 No, you can't. You can only re-sell our packages, but you need to have at least 3 accounts with us. Also the package wil be named Profi (as at your example).

3 accounts.... or 1 reseller account, right?
tresuvesdobles
2.1. Thanks for your answer. Confirmed that every resold account can use up to 8% CPU time, what I stated in point 1 is not so critical... I thought this 8% usage limit applied for the total of my resold accounts and that is why I was scared!

2.2. What I need to know is how should I order the Profi plan so that it also appears listed in my WHM panel as one of my accounts. I cannot find the answer to this question in the help movies.

2.3.1. I cannot reuse the resources of a purchased plan if I downgrade it? It sounds very strange!

2.3.2. What do you mean with "you need to have at least 3 accounts with us"? This is stated in your web site:

Having purchased a bulk reseller package you can also resell our discounted (up to 50%) packages that can be offered to your customers as your own. If you want to resell just packages and not purchase a bulk reseller package please contact our sales team at sales@hostony.com. Minimum order to begin for customers who don't want to purchase bulk reseller package is 3 packages. This restriction doesn't apply for customers who already purchased bulk reseller package.

I am already a reseller and so I am supposed to be able to sell Hostony's packages to my customers as if those were mine!!! But how should I do it so that I take advantage of the special prices for resellers?

2.3.3. Vanya said "You'll be able to change Profi to other plan (of yours) and to resell it." but now you say that the package will still be named Profi.
Stanly
I see now.
If you have a reseller account you will be able to resell our packages. Also you will see Profi and other plans that can be re-sold at your WHM.

If you will downgrade an account, you will be able to use only features that belongs to package that you downgrade to.

All other questions was answered by me without know that you've a reseller account, so answers are positive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here