Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transfering a Domain
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
mrfury24
I was hoping someone could help me transfer a domain to hostony. I already have an account and a domain name here, would also like to transfer another one I have on a different host to this one, ( cancelling the other hosting plan)

Thanks in advance for anyones help.
Danimal
To transfer your other domain to Hostony all you need to do is change the DNS info with your registrar. Some registrars have a control panel where you can do this yourself. Most do not and to change the info you simply send them an email with the new DNS information.

But what DNS information to send? Are you going to create a whole new account or use your current account and create an addon domain? If creating a new account, your welcome email will have the DNS information. If you're going to make an addon domain, use the DNS information from your current account.

In case you're wondering, DNS information is in the form of ns20.hostony.com or something similar.
mrfury24
I was planning on adding it on to the account I currently have with hostony. So if I understand correctly, I need to send them an email with the DNS information for my account with hostony?
Danimal
Yes, that is correct. That email should go to the compnay where you registered your domain name.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here