Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FrontPage
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
kmoots
I've read in other posts that add on domains cannot be uploaded with FrontPage? Is this still true?

If so, I have MAJOR problems. I have about 10 websites that I am trying to upload using the the nice 10 sites hosted for $10/month deal. I use FrontPage for most of them and am starting to get a lot of heat from a few of them because the add on domains aren't set up with the FrontPage extensions yet and I have tried to do it through the Control Panel, but it gives me directory errors.

If I can't use Front Page to load these pages can someone please give me explicit instructions on how I can load them without losing some forms I have set up. If it isn't possible then I will have to get a new hoster asap.

Thanks for any help! I need it!
Stanly
1. You can upgrade to reseller account and create standalone accounts for all domain names

2. You can try at Front Page -> Open Web -> log in your host -> go to directory of addon domain -> copy-paste from your hard drive there. But there is no guarantee that this method will save your forms.
artrocity
you *should* be able to use FP for all of your domains.

The only downside is that they are not really 10 seperate domains .
They are subdomains with pointers (redirects) to those subdomains.

To frontpage you only have one login .
you shouldnt install FP extentions 10 times
its installed on your main account .

So just login to your main domain
and populate those folders.
Its really that simple

if you want seperate logins for each domain you will need
a reseller account.
wendas
Is this an older FP we are talking about? Because I have FP 2003.. I only have one domain... and I could not get FP 2003 extensions to work at all.. When I asked questions about it, I got two strong sided arguments on wether I should use FP extensions or FTP.. I finally did just go with using FP with the loading being done by the FP FTP function. It worked..

I read something about the extensions for FP 2003 is totally a different method. I know Hostony only states front page support for FP 2002 not 2003..

Still though when I ask support a question and say I am using FP with ftp I usually get the response that I should use the FP extension. (I swear if I said I was using the extension I would get the response that was my problem.. I just will not ever win..)

But, I still would like to try the FP extension if possible, then make my own mind up which I like best, rather then being funneled into using the ftp because I think that is all that will work.

Wenda..
loanshark
cool.gif
I've been around and around on this issue a couple of times. I use FP 2003 and it works fine -whenever C-Panel is working right. A couple of times it would not work and I checked with support; one said I was doing it wrong (not so - I've done it several times before) and one said that installing FP extensions did not apply to subdirectory add-on domains. That's not right either. Otherwise I would not have been able to put my one dozen plus websites on with FP Extensions.

Right now C-Panel is not acknowledging my attempts to add extensions to two new add-on domains. If I wait a little bit, the odds are that it will work eventually. Since I am on the notorious server 21, I have a feeling that not all of the issues have been resolved on that server and that C-Panel has been partially disabled.

The fact is that FP Extensions does work for sub-domains under this type of server setup. The support people need to review their notes and get their acts together to be sure that they are sending out correct answers.

The Shark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here