Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server 21 is having some problems
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
sfworks
Just thought I'd let you guys know server 21 is having some problems.

1. Cpanel is slow or not loading at all.

2. All of a sudden I can't send mail (I'm using Eudora and it's been working)

3. I sent myself mail from another email account (yahoo) and it's not going through although I can still check my account.

I finally got into cpanel and found this...

Maybe you guys have too many people on this server or maybe it's just a few people taking too many resources. Either way, can something please be done about this?

I saw a post a little while ago sonicdash.net (on server 21) not being able to register users in their gallery. I'm guessing the reason is that the server load was too high at the time. It's the same reason we can't get into cpanel at times and maybe why I can't send mail all of sudden. Of course, when the admins check it, the sites work because the server load has dropped back down to a more "normal" level.

I'm going to submit a trouble ticket for my mail problem (it's saying "connection refused" at the moment) but maybe you guys shouldn't have so many websites hosted on one server if it can't handle the load.

Michael
sfworks.com
kbrown
I am also on server21 and have submitted a ticket. I have frontpage problems and my site is not showing up. They informed me they are looking into moving to a different server. First a hard drive goes out, now some unknown problem, hope this is not normal. smile.gif
wendas
I have been programming for the last 24 years, and have experienced these types of problems at work.. This is normal & typical to me in any computer environment, not just Hostony..

Seems when one problem happens then it triggers all sorts of problems around it like a domino effect. It is like the one problem weakens or makes unstable other hardware around it.. and you have to fix a whole bunch of things before it straightens itself, Once set though you move smoothly again.. New harddrive, new server, ... A real pain to go through.. But at some point all calms down (if you are able to ride it out).. No guarentees come with this next comment.. I am figuring once they fix all that is wrong with us we should see a long period of stability.. (I am banking this on my 24 years+ at other places not at my 1 mth+ at Hostony...)

For that reason I prefer to ride it out and weather the storm.. But, that is just me.. and my circumstances are not critical..

Wenda
sfworks
Unfortunately this is kind of the norm around here. When I joined about 9 months ago it was all good for about a month. Then the server I was on started having major problems. Eventually there was, as I understand, some major hardware failure and the entire server had to be replaced. After lots of down time they got the server replaced and it was all good for a while but the problems are coming back. It seems like we go through this same thing every 3 or 4 weeks with services on the server failing and it getting overloaded and what not.

I know things happen but none of the hosts I've ever been on have had the kind of downtime and trouble I've had with hostony. In my past 10 years of experience with web hosting (other than hostony) I've submitted maybe 2 or 3 trouble tickets. In the last 9 months with hostony I've submitted 11 trouble tickets through the support system and have posted several other times to the forums with troubles.

All that being said I do have to add that hostony gives you a lot of disk space and bandwidth for you money. Plus, they do have these forums for users to post and that's something that a lot of other hosts don't have. They also have quick customer server even though they do give you the run around sometimes. I've stuck it out with hostony because of the bang for the buck and that they gave me a free account upgrade for all of the down time when the server crashed way back in the day. I want to see this place do good but I haven't been able to recommend them to anyone because of the constant issues and, I hate to say it, if I had a site that had to be up, I wouldn't be hosting it here.

Michael

**Edit**
PS. Once the server load dropped my email started working again. The test messages I sent myself from another account however never did make it through. I hope no one has been trying to email me.
Stanly
As I can see all services are accessible at the moment on the server.
sfworks
Here we go again...

I'm also noticing http://www.riot-films.com (which is mentioned in another post) is also having trouble right at the moment.

It's probably related to the out of control server load on server 21.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here