Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server is down again.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
supergodoffunk
Anyone else having the same problem as me? I am on the server that went down last week ( HD crash ). It's down pretty good right now.

http://supergodoffunk.com

FYI: I can ping the IP, and FTP is up. I can't get to the CPanel, or any of my sites.
Rastus
yes, my sites are down as well. Trouble ticket submitted.
liveone
My site is also down.... going on an hour now with nothing.

valinatcrusaders.com
oneirophobia
I was told on AIM that Apache web server is down. I was also told it would take an hour...that was a half hour ago.
Dixen
Yes... Server 21 is down... *again*.

The reason I was given was that "Apache is down".

*sighs*

55 minutes and counting.
nvance
yes my site is down too.Man what is wrong with this server goes down everytime.sometimes mysql server goes down sometimes server goes down.what is going on again ?
Demonixell
Mines down too. For lack of a nicer word, this is really starting to piss me off!!! mad.gif
supergodoffunk
QUOTE(nvance @ Aug 26 2004, 05:38 PM)
yes my site is down too.Man what is wrong with this server goes down everytime.sometimes mysql server goes down sometimes server goes down.what is going on again ?

Oh man. Your post really cracked me up! then I remembered, my sites are on this one and I was the topic starter... sniff... mysites... and NO FRIGGIN UPDATES WHAT SO EVER...

SGOF: Hello, can I get an update?
HOST: Yes?
SGOF: Whats going on?
HOST: We are packing up and fleeing the country.
SGOF: Can I get my money back?
HOST: If you know our swiss bank account number!
Stanly
There is a DDoS attack on port 80 (HTTP) going relative this server.
We're working to protect the server but attacker use randomly generated source IPs so it is difficult to exclude all *BAD* packets.
Our security tech is modifying server firewall at the moment and we hope your sites will be accessible soon.
supergodoffunk
Thank you for the update. It is greatly appretiated, at least by me to know this. I I wish you guys luck on this!
nvance
back again let see..
supergodoffunk
It's back up, but my all my domain info in the CPanel is blown away again.... ticket going in...
supergodoffunk
Down again
nvance
it seems firewall doesnt work smile.gif
supergodoffunk
Up again, but my domain information in the Cpanel are blown away. AGAIN. reentering them manually.

HOSTONY Need4Support: is it ok?
SuperGODofFUNK: The "add on doamins" information in Cpanel is gone
SuperGODofFUNK: Don't worry about it.  I'm putting them back in manually.
SuperGODofFUNK: I probably have to recreate the email accounts.
SuperGODofFUNK: I think I'm going to script this stuff, since I'll probably be doing this again next week.
SuperGODofFUNK: Thank god I'm doing my own back ups of the sites.

I want my account to be moved to where ever this HOSTONY support forum is being hosted. This one is always up!
waterart
QUOTE(supergodoffunk @ Aug 26 2004, 05:44 PM)
SGOF:  Hello, can I get an update?
HOST: Yes?
SGOF: Whats going on?
HOST: We are packing up and fleeing the country.
SGOF: Can I get my money back?
HOST: If you know our swiss bank account number!

HOST: Sorry the server is down, dude. My teenager keeps tripping over the power cord. Or sometimes he needs the plug outlet for the toaster.
PATIENT CLIENT: Hmmm, well I know you guys are such special people and are really trying hard, but could you post a status so we know what is going on?
HOST:What am I supposed to tell you everytime Jr. wants to make toast?
waterart
Anyone know of a list of quality reseller hosts?

Thanks

genealogies@yahoo.com
mysteryminds
there comes the second problem
whats going on there hostony.
Do you guys mind setting up this server properly once for all.
I'm tired of this gimmick stuff what you ugys are trying to do there
supergodoffunk
HOST: Sorry the server is down, dude. My teenager keeps tripping over the power cord. Or sometimes he needs the plug outlet for the toaster.
PATIENT CLIENT: Hmmm, well I know you guys are such special people and are really trying hard, but could you post a status so we know what is going on?
HOST:What am I supposed to tell you everytime Jr. wants to make toast?

mysteryminds
my cpanel configuration is gone again i think. All the addon domains are pointing to someother place and the main site is not configured. Can anyone from hostony understand this puzzle ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
fakederma
QUOTE(mysteryminds @ Aug 26 2004, 07:37 PM)
my cpanel configuration is gone again i think. All the addon domains are pointing to someother place and the main site is not configured. Can anyone from hostony understand this puzzle ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

I'm in the exact same situation..... All of my data is in my home directory but all my cpanel settings are gone again.
danecobain
My site's down now, but just before it did I couldn't open it live in front page. Would this just be the server or have i done something wrong. Ah well, i'll find out when its back up...
nvance
Websites are working like game online offline online offline online offline smile.gif wha the hack smile.gif
danecobain
can someone from hostony re-install my front page etxtentions please? It keeps crashing when I do it...
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Stanly @ Aug 26 2004, 05:50 PM)
There is a DDoS attack on port 80 (HTTP) going relative this server.
We're working to protect the server but attacker use randomly generated source IPs so it is difficult to exclude all *BAD* packets.
Our security tech is modifying server firewall at the moment and we hope your sites will be accessible soon.

Don't these attackers ever give up? blink.gif
fakederma
All I have to say is that it is a little bit suspicious that the attack comes on *this* server a week after all of those previous server problems. Of course this is only wild speculation but I might guess the attacker might be a former bitter customer...
Stanly
Server is stable now.
fakederma
QUOTE(Stanly @ Aug 26 2004, 10:48 PM)
Server is stable now.

my cpanel settings are still screwed up. Should I open a ticket or is this being worked on?
danecobain
Yeah can you re-install my front page extentions, cause when I try it crashes. Thanks :thumb:

EDIT : my site is www.danecobain.com
ringring
My site still down and now one is here to answer my question. anyone here have the same problem??????
ringring
My site has this error message and the speed is crawling now, and the tech on ICQ ignored me.

my site: http://www.coolmale.net/index.asp

error message
"
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out

/index.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools. ?
Stanly
Ok, guys, if anybody have some problems please to to http://support.hostony.com and submit a ticket with DETAILED description of problem.
Also, if you have problem for example wth FrontPage please FP username nad password to the ticket.
ringring
I submitted the ticket, but when they will get back to me and fix the problem?
Tomorrow monring?
timtucke
Main site up, sub-domains and addon domains gone. Ticket submitted.
nbkillas.net
QUOTE(timtucke @ Aug 27 2004, 04:14 AM)
Main site up, sub-domains and addon domains gone.  Ticket submitted.

Ditto.

sad.gif
supergodoffunk
I had the same problem. I just went ahead and plugged the entries in manually all over again. 3 Domains, and 2 subdomains.

I didn't have to recreate the mailboxes again, and my databases were still intact. This is getting very scary. Every morning, I get up and wonder if my sites are still up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here