Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My site here was hacked - need info.....
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
PeterDk
My site here at Hostony was hacked. Not sure when as its a family web/photo site (www.familyheard.com) so nothing too important - I don't check it everyday.

The hacked site said "Hacked by Renegadealien, ir2, DecaMeron
www.tahribat.com | www.tahrip.com" Thats it!

I simply went into my site login and recompiled the site and its up again. However, I don't want this to happen again. The original site was locked as best as I know how (you could not gain access to the directories), and my password was long (with alphanumeric). I used the C-Panel to lock everything up!

I noticed a few other posts concerning this back in July but my problem occurred in the last week or so. I also just read the recent post by pinkiong re: his hack. I'm using MovableType v2.661 - all configurations where to spec - its supposed to be secure!

I'm not sure whether this is my fault or some other breach on the server. Anything else I should do?

Peter
Danimal
Read this:

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=2533&st=0
PeterDk
Yes I saw that before I posted, but I'm not using any of the bulletin boards although I do have a 'wp-config.php' file which contains the login details. However the file wasn't accessible (well, wasn't supposed to be) to anyone unless you had Admin rights. As mentioned I used the CPanel to lock all directories.

I need to get an idea as to how they got in - ie. security problem with MovableType, something I didn't secure, or problem with system......?

thanks for the input,
PeterDk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here