Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serious downtime issues
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Crack 6K
My site is at http://www.riot-films.com.

I have serious downtime problems which I think is not normal. For example, it's been down ALL day today, but up half the day yesterday, and completely down the day before. This isn't a recent issue, it's been happening since day 1, but I haven't paid too much attention to it until now (since I really need it now). I sent in a support ticket but the guy said there was nothing wrong. If this is supposed to be normal, then I have to switch hosts because I need something more reliable. I hope there is something you guys can fix, because I think you guys have great customer support and I'd like to stay with you guys if possible.

Thanks.
Stanly
Sorry, but riot-films.com is accessible for me.
Also I've checked server and found no problems there.
Crack 6K
That's strange. It shows me that default Index of/ thing (the site disappears...) and cannot access FTP. Other people who visit the site are getting the same thing too.
pinkiong
I just went to your site. It works fine for me. It says riot films temporary page. I can see some video downloads.
Crack 6K
That's really weird. At this time it's still not working for me and even for any of my friends. If it's working for you guys at the same time it's not working for me, there's gotta be something wrong. Maybe it's a location thing? I don't know, I hope you guys can help! sad.gif
Dark Hedgehog
This may sound stupid, but, have you thought of refreshing?
pinkiong
QUOTE(Crack 6K @ Aug 25 2004, 04:35 AM)
That's really weird. At this time it's still not working for me and even for any of my friends. If it's working for you guys at the same time it's not working for me, there's gotta be something wrong. Maybe it's a location thing? I don't know, I hope you guys can help! sad.gif

Did u just register the domain name? If that is the case, u need to wait for the domain name to be propagated to ur isp. My location is Melbourne, Australia so I think all the users in Australia can access the site.
Crack 6K
This may sound stupid, but, have you thought of refreshing?
Yea.. and it doesn't do anything. Still displays that Index Of / page - but the problem is beyond just the page, both mail server and FTP are down as well.

Did u just register the domain name? If that is the case, u need to wait for the domain name to be propagated to ur isp. My location is Melbourne, Australia so I think all the users in Australia can access the site.

Domain was registered back in Feburary. Hostony did it for me, I believe. Speaking of ISPs, though, do you think it might have something to do with that? My connection is perfectly stable, though.

Thanks for you continuous help, guys.
carahost
i can only see the index/
timtucke
I got the Riot Films temporary page that others mentioned. Chicago, IL, US here if that matters. ( It shouldn't )
nbkillas.net
here is what i see:

ohmy.gif
Crack 6K
Yep, that's what it looks like. sad.gif

I can't figure it out... please help me, Hostony!
MartinB
yes i see the same apache's index page for www.riot-films.com (67.15.24.22)
i'm in Cordoba, Argentine (at the bottom of south america wink.gif)

CODE
Index of /
Name                    Last modified       Size  Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parent Directory        27-Aug-2004 03:01      -  
_private/               08-Feb-2004 10:01      -  
cgi-bin/                08-Feb-2004 10:01      -  
images/                 08-Feb-2004 10:01      -  
postinfo.html           08-Feb-2004 10:01     2k  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.riot-films.com Port 80

you need put some index.html file there?
Crack 6K
you need put some index.html file there?

My page is there, but when it goes down like that, the entire site disappears and all I see is that index page. Then when it goes up my site comes back again. Up, down, up, dooooooown... sad.gif
Crack 6K
Well it's been on the empty index page all day today. Can I get an official word from Hostony as to what's going on? Anything you guys are doing?
Stanly
Please descrube me your problem further and I'lll look into it.
Crack 6K
Main problem is what's been said in the thread already - but the thing is there seems to be no pattern.... some people can see it, some people can not.

1. Obviously this duality happens simultaneously (so its not just simple downtime), because if you refer to the first posts of this thread, you and I made posts minutes within each other with both sides seeing different things. Plus, I can go to any other Hostony user's site perfectly fine, while at the same time mine is broken.

2. It's not just me, since others here have posted that they see the index page as well.

3. When the site is "down" and shows the index page, I am unable to access FTP and email as well. Sometimes the FTP doesn't even work, even when the site is up. I haven't even bothered with the email any further than "it doesn't work". For FTP, it connects to the server, accepts my username, but gives an invalid password warning (it's the right password).

4. Similarily I cannot access the control panel through my site when it's down, BUT, I can access it through another Hostony site, for example, through http://www.blah.com:2082 and then typing in my username and password.

5. This never happened when I had the temporary site (before the domain was propagated). Could that have to do with anything?

6. I wouldn't mind so much if this happened once in a while - but it happens pretty much 80% of the time. A day when I can actually see my site is like a miracle. I have an important project that I need to share with many people within a month, obviously it's not going to happen with the way my site is right now.

Thank you for your time and willingness to help, it's greatly appreciated. smile.gif
MartinB
im testing riot-films again now and im seeing the index page again, i never see your site, only the apache's index page.

also, i never have had this issue with my domains huh.gif
good luck
sfworks
I was checking out riot-films as well and am only getting the apache index. I think it has something to do with the server load. It's been a bit out of hand lately. I just made another post about it here along with a screen cap of riot-films.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here