Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Publishing tool
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
luvbigblue
I have a question for the group. I have always used FrontPage for my sites. Go ahead - get your digs in now! Anyway, I always end up doing a lot of hard coding even when using it. (Usually in ASP and Access databases) This is mostly because the database features ######! I am looking for a better way without straight coding in notepad. I create sites that range from informational with an occasional feedback form emailed to somebody to a full database driven event scheduler for a telecommunications network for the whole state of Kentucky. Most of my stuff is not very graphical in nature but good graphics are something FrontPage Lacks severely.

So here is the question? What would you use to do this type of work? I want to get some ideas before I plunk down the dollars to get and learn a new system.

Thanks!!! smile.gif
Rastus
wordpad, dreamweaver, frontpage, photoshop, fireworks, paintshop.

Frontpage adds a lot of unnessecary code, but you can edit that out in wordpad. Frontpage works very well for lots of people and can do quite a lot. I agree that is has limits when it comes to databases tho.

Dreamweaver works good for building sites and has a lot of controls built in an some excellent features as well. DW also works great with databases.

or just write the code raw in wordpad. php is the hot thing right now, but if you have no programming experience it takes a lil while to get used to.
carahost
I've been using Dreamweaver since 1999, i tried almost all of the html editors and at least for me thats the best one, before Dreamweaver i was using notepad... And for the graphics just Photoshop.
MartinB
Quanta Plus
(for KDE)
jeanphilippe
Dreamweaver, photoshop, firework, flash. It's the tools I use to create websites.

And I hate FrontPage. wink.gif
Niakie
I personally prefer to hand code everything. I have used varrious editors but always come back to EditPad biggrin.gif
Danimal
QUOTE(luvbigblue @ Aug 25 2004, 02:00 AM)
I have always used FrontPage for my sites. Go ahead - get your digs in now!

FrontPage?! laugh.gif

Just kidding, if it works, use it. I use on old, old version of Netscape Composer because I've found it makes the cleanest code. Any changes I want to make, I use Notepad. Graphics are done in either Fireworks or PhotoImpact (10x the product of Photoshop for 1/10 the price) depending on what I'm trying to achieve.

If FrontPage is working for you, stick with it. Otherwise I'd recommend Dreamweaver.
Dixen
I have tried a few of the publishers out there... but tried and true. Test editor and a browser. smile.gif

I would recommened Textpad... but that's just me.
dwalker
I just TextPad 4 and Photoshop.

But Quanta Plus looks interesting...I may give it a try tonight. blink.gif

The only thing I use FrontPage for is to create complex tables.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here