Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is HOSTONY a professional company?
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
ojenni
Hello,

I subscribed three days ago to a hosting service of HOSTONY. They've sent me an email with a big "Thank you", charged the money and disappeared.

I never received any information about my hosting service (login account etc.) and they do not respond to any email. I've sent several emails to support@hostony.com, sales@hostony.com, info@hostony...

After having read the shocking way of how they "run" their business (no redundancy, no spare servers, overloaded server etc.) I immediately sent also some emails that I cancel my subscription.

But guess what happened... NOTHING!

They have my money, so why should the do anything. I am really shocked about this company (if it is one). I have some doubts and I am wondering if this isn't just a fake company, run by a single freak that is looking for some overcredulous guys.

Any comments, experiences, feedback?

Regards,
Oliver

mad.gif
Dark Hedgehog
You sent an email or several yes.

Have you also sent in a support ticket asking for multiple variations of things?

I sent one and got ALL of my information.

And no, this isn't a fake business, try sending a ticket by going to their support section.
And I don't know if they have any hidden flaws, they are just very busy and busy people try to make things short.
Danimal
Nope, it's fake. This whole board is fake. You're imagining things. None of us are real. Don't go to any of our web sites--they're all fake.

When I first signed up I didn't get my introductory email either. I sent an email to support and got it within minutes. Of course back then I was on server ONE among about three other people so email worked a lot better then. Now, use the support trouble ticket system. You'll get a much faster answer.
wendas
Also, I started about a month ago.. If you have not chucked the welcome letter yet, the info is in there, but it is cryptic. The problem is that who ever wrote the welcom letter is a definate web geek, and though they may think they are talking simple english, they have forgotten really what simple english is. Another web geek could take the welcome letter & run with it. A semi-novice will have trouble decoding. And anyone else will not even know what is being said.

I had to read & re-read it several times. and then ask specific question on the parts I did not understand (but, if asking questions to the forum) make sure you do so without revealing any security issues.. If you think it is a security issue, then replace charactors in a way you can de-code once you get the answer.

Wenda
ojenni
QUOTE(wendas @ Aug 20 2004, 09:59 PM)
Also, I started about a month ago.. If you have not chucked the welcome letter yet, the info is in there, but it is cryptic. The problem is that who ever wrote the welcom letter is a definate web geek, and though they may think they are talking simple english, they have forgotten really what simple english is.

Well, actually the only mail I received was the following

CODE
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing hostony.com as your Internethosting provider. We welcome you to our family and we promise to do the best to our knowledge to provide a better support for you.

Your account will be set up within 24 hours upon validation of your order. Login instructions will be sent to email you provided us within 24 hours.

In case you have any questions, please contact our support at support@hostony.com

Thank you,
HOSTONY.com support team.

Additionally, they also do not answer questions in the support tickets...

Regards,
Oliver
supergodoffunk
I signed up last week. I got the letter you got. looking at my email, My account and sites were setup in 4 hours.

Yours might have fallen through the crack somewhere. Good luck.
keitaro
they arent fake they just lack communication, among other things.
wendas
Oops I forgot, you are right that is the first letter you get, until the credit card goes through.

But, seriously it is a valid company. They are putting out a bad fire right now, so the tech guys may be behind in the setup of new accounts. Not a good beginning for you, sorry. If you plan on hosting a critical buisness site, I am sure it may be a cause for some worry.

If your site will not be citical, once in, I think you will be pleasently surprise. This is a nice hosting site, it is just that you choose the worst time possible to join up. So hang in there a little while longer.

Wenda
romangs
>they arent fake they just lack communication, among other things.
I have been reading your posts for a while now and have come to the conclusion that you miss something, Let's asume that you have to communicate with the clients a lot in the Second language that you have no chance to practice other than that (written) correspondents. It will take you much more time to write a letter than in your native language. I beliave they (Hostony) spend that time doing something more useful than composing letters for us. You also have to keep in mind that offering such compatative prices they have to still keep their business profitable.

p.s. please cancel your account (already did, I assume) and let us all know if you received a refund or not. Until then please do what you recommended to do Dark....

Regards and pardon my French.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here