Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No answer when sending emails to support or sales
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
arcadia
Hi Guys!

I never get any answer when sending emails to support@hostony.com or sales@hostony.com. Is this normal? However I always get answers when I create support requests in the web form, except when my question is "I never get any answer when sending emails to support@hostony.com or sales@hostony.com. Is this normal?". Is this normal? blink.gif

Thanks!
Webslave
Nope. I get immediate replys, per email or forum. You have to give it sometime. Sometimes you get answers in minute, hours or the next day. For how long didn't you get any reply ? It also depends for what kind of things you are asking for. Some have more priority and some have less I guess. Also, i think hostony must be getting hundreds of emails right now...
arcadia
Webslave,

You are right about priorities. I agree it seems they have bigger problems now. Mine is not that important right now!

I really never get any reply to emails - to the point that I assumed they did not use this address anymore! Maybe 1 year back we had some technical problems, we used support@hostony.com and received excellent support. Recently I tried to mail them, and getting no reply I went to check the website, found out there is also a web form for support request (which I did not know about before), and started to use it. There I get replies very fast!

We are also running a support team in my company (we are management software supplier with 100+ customers) and with our system all requests entered in web form or by email all end up in the same database. I would think Hostony's support system should work in the same way. If it doesnt, that's fine, but I would like them to confirm it. The funny thing is when I send a request using the webform asking if they are still using the address support@hostony.com, I get no reply! Alson strange the sales@hostony.com address doesnt seem to end up anywhere - but there is no webform for sales, so how do I contact them? I must say I am quite satisfied with Hostony, I just wonder what it the proper way to contact support and why they cant give me a straight answer to a seemingly simple question (which I asked before their server scrach, and I received replies to other questions, so I think they had time to deal with it)!

Of course, according to your post, you are actually getting replies to your email queries - which means they are really using it! So why is it that I cannot get reply?? This is confusing.

Cheers
mavisdeath
Some server's are automaticly blocked by other servers, THinking that its junk mail. I doubt thats the case of hostony, but Thats the only possible thing i could think of. Try using a yahoo mail account, or your website's mail server.
arcadia
Mavis: thats a good explanation, but I am emailing them using my hostony mail account! You are right, maybe they are blocking themselves. Anyway still no reply from my emails... I think this is not acceptable! I will send another support ticket about this! Lets see if they ignore it again.
Alec
2 arcadia:

please PM me your sender email address
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here