Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I know when it is safe?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
wendas
I know the "official" thread is over there.. But, since I really don't want to post over there & stir the pot, I was hoping you could answer me here.

My site looks up.. a half hour ago my cpanel looked up, but was missing the Mysql Database.. How do I know when it is safe to start playing with my site again. Is there a special "ALL's CLEAR" message I should be waiting for, or if I look good then is it safe to go in?

I am asking because it looked like all was ok this morning. So, I started playing with the files. Then the Cpanel went out, & the website went out, and I heard they disconected the cpanel to keep us out because us playing in it was hurting their recovery.. I am now being good & staying out.. But, what sign am I looking for to say I can go back in.

thanks
Wenda
solace
my sites are not back up fully either, no sql db's, and one, the add-on domain isn't working either

leftofthedial.net
morecowbell.net
whatyouoncewere.com
supergodoffunk
I am having the same dilema. I've been talking to the support staff via emails for the last two days. I didn't know to check the forums. I kinda found humor int he fact that I wasn't alone. lol.

Anyways... They keep saying it's up. I emailed them that I'm going to start re-building my sites (from scratch... 4 domains, 6 db's) so if they do ANYTHING to change the configs again. Let me know so I can back up my stuff myself.

My main problem is... The lack of communication or the fact that I've been told, 'it's up' too many times, when it hasn't been up.

A HDD will crash. I understand that. Throw me a bone here...
mavisdeath
Mavisdeath quickly chucks a chicken bone at supergodoffunk
Dark Hedgehog
If you want to know if its fully up, it will be up for quite a long time without being down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here