Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free upgrade offering
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
jukeyard
Hostony has offered a free upgrade. I assume this means I went from 1500mb to 3000mb. I notice this 3000mb plan only offers lump sum payments and not monthly payments. I like to pay by the month when I first start with a new host. This way if I'm not satisfied with service I can move my site to a new host without loseing any $$$. Does all this mean next time Hostony charges my card they will charge a lump payment to it and not just my usual monthly fee? Also how long will this free upgrade last for at my current $9.85 per month fee? I was happy with my $9.86 per month payment arrangement. I hope someone from Hostony will clear this up.
Stanly
Your plan will be upgraded and you will pay all time old price - $9.85
Also I think you account wil be upgraded during 3-4 days.
Dark Hedgehog
Hey, doe this mean mine too?
Do I have to pay any extra or anything? blink.gif

I looked around and can't really find the upgrade plan thing. huh.gif
wendas
I do not know if I will get an answer here, adding to a thread, but since it follows this train of thought, I figure this was where to put it.

Although I am also a customer who is effected by the down time, I am not as crabby as the people in the "other" thread.. But, I am fortunate to have a website that is first still being designed, and 2. not buisness oriented anyway. So although I am under the gun to develop the site in an impossible time frame.. I will not being leaving Hostony.. I have been quite pleased with Hostony on all regards but this. All the add ons, and the help desk have been very helpful. And being a programmer, I have walked in the shoes of the Hosoney staff enought to be more tolerent.

I am slightly interested in the upgrade, (only slightly, since the size I have is resonable for me as is, but if you give me more room I am sure I will find a way to clutter it eventually.)

I am unsure if I will be able to enjoy the upgrade though.. That is because I signed up for a 3 month (as a trail period).. with the intent that if I liked it here I would upgrade to a 2 year payment plan before my 3 months run out. So, my question is, if I upgrade from a 3 month to a 2 year payment plan, would I have to down grade my level back down or can I get the upgrade for the higher level at the price of the 2 year of the lower level plan???

I would be interested to know. It would be nice, but my mind is still set to upgrade to 2 year plan even if I have to downgrade to the lower level again.. The 2 year plan is cheaper in the long run and easier for my troop to pay for, and like I said I really don't need the extra space, but I'm sure I, (or someone else in my boyscout troop) will put it to use if we are allowed to keep it.

Dark Hedgehog - if you read this, Word of advise - stay out of *THAT* thread. I agree the people in there are getting pretty nasty, but that is why it is best to stay away. They are quite willing to rip your head off as any member of the staff. You are only feeding their anger more, and the angrier they get the worse it will be for staff members here at Hostony to fix. So, if you truely like the staff here, and you truely wish to help them out, please don't fuel the fire anymore then it is already fueled. I am a customer with a downed site, and though I will enter *THAT* thread in order to look for word from the staff there I would not dare enter a comment there. I understand your desire to say something that would calm down the hotheads, But, there is nothing that can be said to calm them. And alot can be said to rile them all the more. I just do not think you are helping the staff out by making comments in that thread. Stay with the cool & level headed people who are in this area. *Please*

Wenda
tass4243
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 19 2004, 06:23 PM)
Hey, doe this mean mine too?
Do I have to pay any extra or anything? blink.gif

I looked around and can't really find the upgrade plan thing. huh.gif

No this is for people who were effected by the downtime.
Demonixell
QUOTE(wendas @ Aug 19 2004, 10:13 PM)
But, I am fortunate to have a website that is first still being designed, and 2. not buisness oriented anyway.

---------------------------------------------------

I am unsure if I will be able to enjoy the upgrade though.. That is because I signed up for a 3 month (as a trail period).. with the intent that if I liked it here I would upgrade to a 2 year payment plan before my 3 months run out. So, my question is, if I upgrade from a 3 month to a 2 year payment plan, would I have to down grade my level back down or can I get the upgrade for the higher level at the price of the 2 year of the lower level plan???

I would be interested to know. It would be nice, but my mind is still set to upgrade to 2 year plan even if I have to downgrade to the lower level again.

Wendas, you bring up some good points that are also relevant to me. I set up an account here as a trial run too.

To any hostony reps, will we still have the upgrade when/if we extend our subscription here?
mysteryminds
"Your plan will be upgraded and you will pay all time old price"

what will happen to mine. I'm already an 2 special account holder so whats will be done for me.

1. what will be the type of upgrade.
2. how long will be upgrade affected.
Stanly
1. We will increase your disk space and bandwidth amounts, other features, etc
2. It will be done in nearest time (3-4 days) and will continue for all time you will be with our company.
mysteryminds
I think it would be better if you could give us some addons smile.gif
anticybr
As nice as this "compensation" sounds, I'd just like to say that I'd much rather hear that Hostony is setting up a redundancy system so the next time this happens (and it's inevitable that something like this will happen again, sooner or later -- that's just a fact of the IT business) we won't be without our sites for 3 entire days.

I hardly touch the bandwidth and space I have now, and upping the limits isn't going to do me (or anyone else) any good if the sites all go down for half a week again.

You want to make up for the inconvenience? You want to give your customers something to show that you care? Give them proof that you're doing all that can be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

You can only say "sorry for the inconvenience" so many times before you have no one left to say it to.
jukeyard
I don't see how they can up our space and keep the same drives. The drive is full now!?
Alexandre
We'll solve this problem.
Hard drive is not a very big problem wink.gif
Danimal
QUOTE(Alexandre @ Aug 22 2004, 12:49 PM)
We'll solve this problem.
Hard drive is not a very big problem wink.gif

Oh boy. I hope that people around here have a sense of humor or this is going to explode... biggrin.gif
Dark Hedgehog
What do you expect?

Hostony may take a while for things like this, but hey, noone's perfect.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(wendas @ Aug 19 2004, 10:13 PM)
Dark Hedgehog - if you read this, Word of advise - stay out of *THAT* thread. I agree the people in there are getting pretty nasty, but that is why it is best to stay away. They are quite willing to rip your head off as any member of the staff. You are only feeding their anger more, and the angrier they get the worse it will be for staff members here at Hostony to fix. So, if you truely like the staff here, and you truely wish to help them out, please don't fuel the fire anymore then it is already fueled. I am a customer with a downed site, and though I will enter *THAT* thread in order to look for word from the staff there I would not dare enter a comment there. I understand your desire to say something that would calm down the hotheads, But, there is nothing that can be said to calm them. And alot can be said to rile them all the more. I just do not think you are helping the staff out by making comments in that thread. Stay with the cool & level headed people who are in this area. *Please*

Wenda

I agree with you.
I already cut the crap with them tongue.gif
danecobain
would this be why i now have 3 gigs maximum space. Also it says I have only used like 1 meg, but theres at least 200...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here