Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 67.15.48.21 Down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Daniela
I've been reading around, and I see a lot of discussion on server 67.15.48.21 down. Does anyone know the final status of this? The server is still unstable... I haven't seen any e-mail from Hostony informing us of the problem... this worries me.
I can't judge the service, since I only have two days I've joined and I haven't been able to do anything with my sites... But can we please have a little more input from the Hostony staff about what is going on? Or if they have an aproximate time for when the server is going to be back up?
I know they are probable (well, surely) working hard at solving this, but just a little feedback, please...
Thanks,
netsfr
about 26 or so hours ago something happend to the disk drive in the server. Actually it was getting slower before, but since my sites have been up and down over the last month (more frequently than any web provider should) I decided it was just another problem that would go away in a couple of hours. I wen't to bed figuring that I would be able to jump back on in the morning to answer a slew of emails.

I woke up, site still down. I went to work, checked it, still down. I sent an email to the support staff and they responded that they just had a disk crash and that they were runing the fsck (unix disk check utility) on the 80gb drive in the system and that it would take a while. Hours later still no luck. They sent me an email saying that it would be back up as soon as the disk check finished.

Well the drive was gone. Sometime this afternoon it became noticable that the server had its operating system reloaded from scratch, although I didn't hear anything from hostony.

It seems that they are restoring things slowly, but this is the slowest I have ever seen any system restore (I have worked in an IT shop for a company with thousands of employees and any complete server restore we ever did from scratch only took about 4 hours max).

My main site was up and running first, then several of my subdomains appeard after another hour or so. No email has worked yet though.

Now it appears that all of it is gone again, my main website responds with 404 not found errors.
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

The tech support seems to be ok here. They usually answer within an hour or so and usually get the problem solved quickly.

To bad whoever designed the server didn't design it with fault-tollerance and redundancy (would have cost them maybe $500-$1000 more). If they would have, no one would have noticed that there was ever a problem... I guess we are all getting what we paid for. I saved a few $ by going with hostony, but fear that I am going to loose hundreds (if not thousands) in this last 24 hours of downtime.

Hopefully when I get up in the morning, everything will be back to normal... I can only hope that I don't have to answer calls from my customers telling them that they are SOL.

Hostony support guys, please send this message up the management chain (if you have one). You need to give better status to your customers and get better hardware to save your company the pain that it is going through...
mysteryminds
Well things are coming up. Even my sites were down and now I start to see things happening at server end.
I guess addon domain stuff has to be configured beyond that every thing is running normal
netsfr
QUOTE(mysteryminds @ Aug 19 2004, 05:43 AM)
Well things are coming up. Even my sites were down and now I start to see things happening at server end.
I guess addon domain stuff has to be configured beyond that every thing is running normal

Some of my additional domains came back up, some didn't. Email never did. Now they all are gone . Hopefully they are just moving files and folders around to get things fixed back up....

Go sysadmin guys go!
indothai
Same here.... seems like things are gradually coming back online.

---Rally cry on---

Go sysadmin Go!!!

---Rally cry off---
mysteryminds
dont you worry indothai things will be fine soon. I'm seeing lotsa improvements going on.
So slowly but surely things will get back to shape and we will all be happy with the service provided by HOTONY
Stanly
You can see official thread of this problem here
All updates about the problem will be posted there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here