Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please add RAID to your servers
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
netsfr
This is a request to please add a RAID to your servers. It's not that hard. 80GB IDE drives are <$100 and SCSI not much more. Just add a drive and mirror the thing so your customers don't have to live through this anymore.

If you cant add RAID, how about a hot swap spare server?

Even if you have a "very good backup" system (as you have stated, but I havent seen my sites come back up yet), the downtime for you to check the disk, reinstall one and reload everything is killing your customers and your customers customers. If you had a mirrored drive, would have been no problem, just a swap and regenerate.

I assumed hostony had RAID on the servers, I don't know of anyone with a 99% uptime guarentee that doesn't. I just don't understand why a hosting company doesn't have this.... sad.gif

Don't get me wrong, hostony support has been responsive so far to problems I've had in the past, and I know that stuff happens, but this is pretty bad....
Dark Hedgehog
What exactly is a RAID thing?

All that comes to mind is Raid killer for roaches oo;
netsfr
For those that don't know RAID and what they do for your servers and more importantly your data:

What is RAID?
Dark Hedgehog
Thanks, I get it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here