Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Down Time - Compensation
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
eon
Okay, they said they're compensating everyone for free..

I have the Special package, I'm going to Gold, right? They wouldn't put me in the one that has less of everything than mine, right?
tass4243
Yeah i have special too, so i dont know how it will work, i guess we will see.
artrocity
i never understood why they even have those other two plans.
(advanced and power)

Advanced is the same price as special and offers less.
Power costs more and offers less diskspace but more bandwidth.

If it was me I'd get rid of those two plans
and simplify the whole process....
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(artrocity @ Aug 18 2004, 05:18 PM)
i never understood why they even have those other two plans.
(advanced and power)

Advanced is the same price as special and offers less.
Power costs more and offers less diskspace but more bandwidth.

If it was me I'd get rid of those two plans
and simplify the whole process....

In relation to that, it makes me wonder why people complain about hosting when after a while, when its fixed, they are back to non world dominating freaks oO;
sergio
I am running a business ok? I dont care if they upgrade it or not. this can't be the excuse. I dont want upgraded plan I want a reliable good server as promised.

I have lost many customers in one day and it worths much more than the upgraded plan..
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(sergio @ Aug 18 2004, 05:38 PM)
I am running a business ok? I dont care if they upgrade it or not. this can't be the excuse. I dont want upgraded plan I want a reliable good server as promised.

I have lost many customers in one day and it worths much more than the upgraded plan..

Whoah, where'd you come from? oo;
*Sweatdrop*

If you do not care about it, why do you care to explain your problem?
Are you starting to think I am a supporter or staff member here?

Not like losing visitors when my sites goes down for five minutes means nothing to you T_T There goes some hypocracy :P
Or as a matter of fact, everyone else that goes off bolering to others oo;
Um, if its worth more, why are you even talking about it?
Are you looking for a reason to argue or something?
Webslave

I have lost many customers in one day and it worths much more than the upgraded plan.

The downtime is affecting my business to, but thanks god it didn't happen on a monday.
I must have lost some customers today. If hostony wants to offer compensation, i'll be glad to have some more webspace and traffic wink.gif I'll take it as an investment into the future. smile.gif
sergio
Darkm

You dont have anything to do better than licking these ppl's ..... eh?
keitaro
seriously serg.. just reading 4 posts and dark is trying to start a fight in each of them, including mine. i just let him think he won in mine coz hes not worth the effort.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(sergio @ Aug 18 2004, 06:25 PM)
Darkm

You dont have anything to do better than licking these ppl's ..... eh?

I think so.

Pretty much tired and in the mood of an attention whore :P

So I pretty much decided to stop reasoning.
rondonaghe
Rather than being compensated, I'd like for my configuration to be returned to the way it was yesterday.

Or will I have to go through the whole addon domain thing again? blink.gif
netsfr
I'd rather hostony spend the money and get real-time redundancy in the server rather than than us being compensated. If they did this maybe next time (it will happen), we all wouldn't have to hope that it will sometime get restored to the way it was before the crash.

Of corse compensation should also be in line beacuse some of us are loosing business.

It's been about 24hrs since my sites went offline and stuff still isn't working right (although it looks like they are getting to it bit-by-bit). Thanks to the sysadmin guys for your work getting it going! No thanks to the management layer that didn't spec RAID in the servers that others depend on... sad.gif
Daniela
Hi Guys...
One question from one very new hoster... does this downtime happen very often?
Rastus
QUOTE(Daniela @ Aug 18 2004, 09:42 PM)
Hi Guys...

I've been with Hostony since January and this is the first time I have had sites down for this long.
MartinB
QUOTE(Daniela @ Aug 19 2004, 12:42 AM)
Hi Guys...

I've been with Hostony since March I never have had my sites down for this long in my server (not 21).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here