Isnt the downtime gaurentee 99% here?

That means..

30 days in a month...
24 hours in a day...
60 minutes in a hour...

30 * 24 * 60 = 43200 minutes in a month
99% of this is 42768.

43200-42768 = 432 minutes
they are allowed 432 minutes.. or 7.5 hours (432 / 60 = 7.5).

My site has been down over 15 hours straight.. So what do I get huh? What does this gaurentee give me? I'm already looking for another host and will be moving when I find one, because not only the downtime ticks me off, but the fact that they managed to corrupt my MYSQL databases and had to restore all my forums to a 24+ hour old backup.. and refuse to tell me why they corrupted or offer compenstation (that ticket is still open Hostony) so yeah, i thought this was a good host but I guess I was wrong. I must apologize to brikface because he was right the whole time.
keitaro
oh. i see now. now there is a redhat test page.. so appearently they reinstalled the entire OS on the server and cleared everyone, without warning. Communication is what keeps a company in business, but Hostony seems to lack this. I want my money refunded back into the credit card on file, and my account canceled, else a chargeback will be issued.
eon
QUOTE(keitaro @ Aug 18 2004, 04:25 PM)
oh. i see now. now there is a redhat test page.. so appearently they reinstalled the entire OS on the server and cleared everyone, without warning. Communication is what keeps a company in business, but Hostony seems to lack this. I want my money refunded back into the credit card on file, and my account canceled, else a chargeback will be issued.

Oh my God. Calm down! They're compensating everyone for free, they care! Be grateful.
keitaro
QUOTE(eon @ Aug 18 2004, 04:28 PM)

Oh my God. Calm down! They're compensating everyone for free, they care! Be grateful.

where do you see this?

edit: nm i see it.. it still would have been nice to have an email notification... i moved my discussion into the annoucement thread. I apologize to hostony for being so rash but I didnt think to search for the ip I know it as server24 so like I said if they could email us stuff like this it would be less aggervating.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(keitaro @ Aug 18 2004, 04:04 PM)

That means..

30 days in a month...
24 hours in a day...
60 minutes in a hour...

99% of this is 42768.

My site has been down over 15 hours straight.. So what do I get huh? What does this gaurentee give me? I'm already looking for another host and will be moving when I find one, because not only the downtime ticks me off, but the fact that they managed to corrupt my MYSQL databases and had to restore all my forums to a 24+ hour old backup.. and refuse to tell me why they corrupted or offer compenstation (that ticket is still open Hostony) so yeah, i thought this was a good host but I guess I was wrong. I must apologize to brikface because he was right the whole time.

If you are already looking, why even bother saying about that?

Just send a support ticker or ask for an account cancellation, not that hard.

And in addition, we know how long it takes a day to go.
We don't need math equasions to figure something this simple out.
And ask support before you go blaming Hostony, not only them, but the staff who try to reply to every topic made on this forum.

And if Hostony is so bad, why are you still here?
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(keitaro @ Aug 18 2004, 04:35 PM)

where do you see this?

edit: nm i see it.. it still would have been nice to have an email notification... i moved my discussion into the annoucement thread. I apologize to hostony for being so rash but I didnt think to search for the ip I know it as server24 so like I said if they could email us stuff like this it would be less aggervating.

This is coming from someone who said they were looking for another host?

Just wait for Hostony to asnwer, maybe they are already fixing things as we speak.
keitaro
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 18 2004, 04:49 PM)

That means..

30 days in a month...
24 hours in a day...
60 minutes in a hour...

99% of this is 42768.

If you are already looking, why even bother saying about that?

Just send a support ticker or ask for an account cancellation, not that hard.

And in addition, we know how long it takes a day to go.
We don't need math equasions to figure something this simple out.
And ask support before you go blaming Hostony, not only them, but the staff who try to reply to every topic made on this forum.

And if Hostony is so bad, why are you still here?

depends on how this goes.. everyone deserves a chance.. i made that calculation before knowing why, and i made it because, if they didnt have a good reason, or compensate, then it would have led toa money back garentee.
keitaro
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 18 2004, 04:50 PM)

where do you see this?

Just wait for Hostony to asnwer, maybe they are already fixing things as we speak.

well you see, you would have too. because they didnt tell me why in the support ticket. the ticket is STILL open with over 20 hours since last activity. and i didnt see the forum post about it. So you probably would have assumed the same thing. I asked them why the database got corrupted and if there would be compensation. The ticket is still unanswered. all they had to do is reply saying there was a major disk error, and I wouldn't have posted like this. But with no responce, and comparing to other hosts i dealt with, I felt screwed again.
Dark Hedgehog
Hey buddy, have patience.

I sometimes wait three days for a response.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(keitaro @ Aug 18 2004, 04:58 PM)

where do you see this?

well you see, you would have too. because they didnt tell me why in the support ticket. the ticket is STILL open with over 20 hours since last activity. and i didnt see the forum post about it. So you probably would have assumed the same thing. I asked them why the database got corrupted and if there would be compensation. The ticket is still unanswered. all they had to do is reply saying there was a major disk error, and I wouldn't have posted like this. But with no responce, and comparing to other hosts i dealt with, I felt screwed again.

Are you just crying over spilt milk?
I have NO control over the tickets, and you are just telling me something I am not capable of.

Not only that but you need patience.
Cool down, your problems will be solved over-time.

Not like Hostony has a million hands.
keitaro
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 18 2004, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE(keitaro @ Aug 18 2004, 04:58 PM)

where do you see this?

Are you just crying over spilt milk?
I have NO control over the tickets, and you are just telling me something I am not capable of.

Not only that but you need patience.
Cool down, your problems will be solved over-time.

Not like Hostony has a million hands.

i did cool down once i seen the post about why it was down. you just arent understanding what im getting at. Before i seen the post i had no reply to the ticket. like i said if they just said in the ticket "we are having hard drive troubles" then i wouldnt have gotten mad. But being screwed over in the past when they didnt reply i just figured "ok they dont want to tell me whats going on.. this is just like ******** ****" .. I apologized for my behavor. this discussion is over.
Dark Hedgehog
Okay, just wait for their response on your ticket, not that hard to do.

And haven't you yet realized I am not a Hostony worker?
I am just giving you basic information which you aren't even listening to.

Try reading it over a few times.

And thanks, I forgive you being rude, though I don't see how you were, but okay.
keitaro
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 18 2004, 05:06 PM)

And thanks, I forgive you being rude, though I don't see how you were, but okay.

i do understand what you are saying. I'm just saying that I been screwed over so much that I just unfairly jumped to conclusions. Hostony is my eh.. I cant even remember how many now.. I think my 11th host in the past 12 months. All the others screwed me over the same way. Server goes down, no notice, no responces to tickets.. It was just instinct, and the apology was to Hostony.

Like I said, now that I know what is going on, I am no longer upset over it and can be patient because I know restoring an entire server isn't an easy task, having done so myself quite a few times.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(keitaro @ Aug 18 2004, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE(Dark Hedgehog @ Aug 18 2004, 05:06 PM)

i do understand what you are saying. I'm just saying that I been screwed over so much that I just unfairly jumped to conclusions. Hostony is my eh.. I cant even remember how many now.. I think my 11th host in the past 12 months. All the others screwed me over the same way. Server goes down, no notice, no responces to tickets.. It was just instinct, and the apology was to Hostony.

Like I said, now that I know what is going on, I am no longer upset over it and can be patient because I know restoring an entire server isn't an easy task, having done so myself quite a few times.

Good, good boy. That wasn't so hard, was it? *Chuckles*

I see you calmed down now.

12 hosts? Geez, I have been at least with 10 hosts.
Doesn't make you superior in numbers though.

And you are just now calm over it?
Why didn't you think of that before you said anything? oo;

Well, there goes a lesson you could learn.
Danimal
I must apologize to brikface because he was right the whole time.

OK, OK, tempers were hot and the tension was high, but statements like this can only mean you were delerious or drunk. laugh.gif
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Danimal @ Aug 18 2004, 08:30 PM)
I must apologize to brikface because he was right the whole time.

OK, OK, tempers were hot and the tension was high, but statements like this can only mean you were delerious or drunk. :lol:

Who's brickface? oo;
mavisdeath
whoa, so many quotes in quotes in quotes etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here